According to an Elite Daily article, a smart man by the name of Charles Baxter once said, "Forget art. Put your trust in ice cream." Now if you're anything like me and aren't named Charles Baxter, not only do you like ice cream, but you need substantial guidance from others in order to function to some extent on a daily basis (aka the probable reason as to why I have been prescribed lamictal, but ok). Such will lead you to indeed put your trust in ice cream and see where it takes you; however, you can't just put your trust in any ice cream. This is where a place known as Tipsy Scoop comes into place, and you might just end up, you know, tipsy... especially with their breaking news.

What's the news?

Tipsy Scoop is opening up their second New York location this upcoming spring. The new location will be located at 270 Metropolitan Avenue in Williamsburg, Brooklyn between Driggs Avenue and Roebling Street. Currently, Tipsy Scoop has their main location, which is better known as their flagship "Barlour" which is located at 217 East 26th Street, New York, New York 10010 and a location in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (specifically at ItSugar; address: 1211 Celebrity Cir Suite #136, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577).

What does this mean for people like yourself?

What this means is that you'll have one more place to flock to when the weather gets to be too hot. Tipsy Scoop is an ice cream shop after all, so you know, they'll have ice cream... however, while most of their ice cream is boozy (up to 5% ABV), they do have non-alcoholic ice cream flavors such as "Shirley Temple," "Root Beer Float," and "Piña Colada." Their full menu can be viewed here. I'd suggest ordering a flight of their "Cake Batter Vodka Martini," "Red Velvet Martini," "Vanilla Bean Bourbon," and "Chocolate Stout + Pretzel" flavors, you'll be good to go. If you're not in the mood to try out a ton of flavors all at once, their sundaes are just as tasty.

How does Tipsy Scoop differentiate themselves from their fellow New York ice cream shop counterparts?

Tipsy Scoop differentiates themselves from their competitors in the sense that they'll let you actually MAKE your own boozy ice cream via their boozy ice cream making classes. I don't see other New York ice cream institutions such as Van Leeuwen and Morgenstern's offering any form of ice cream making class, and I can guarantee you that neither shop will let you into their factory doors to see what really goes on behind closed doors... Tipsy Scoop does. You can see what exactly goes into your ice cream, and every ingredient is delicious.

Additionally, Tipsy Scoop distinguishes themselves from their competitors because their ice cream has a super creamy texture, so you'll never have to worry about jamming your spoon into a cup or container of their ice cream without seeing visible results and then wondering if you're just broken, if the spoon just left the party, or if the ice cream is too frozen for consumption (even after letting it sit around like a loner that's never experienced human interaction prior to this moment). 

So.... on that note, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose when it comes to checking out Tipsy Scoop's new location. Besides, it's located in one of the coolest parts of New York and has great city views; what's there to miss out on?