If you are a human being with a pulse and a TikTok account, you've seen the viral feta pasta taking the app by storm. As someone who often spends an embarrassing amount of hours mesmerized by food videos, this recipe came up on my #fyp at least a thousand times.

With just a few main ingredients, this recipe was too intriguing not to indulge. I picked up the best feta chunk I could find at my local Kroger, preheated my oven to 425, and got to cooking.

I placed my feta chunk in the middle of a baking dish, and drizzled it with a bit of garlic olive oil, basil and oregano. I then tossed a container of cherry tomatoes into the mix, coating them in some more olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. It was a sight to behold. Never had I sent a more beautiful roast into my oven.

While my roast was toasting, I boiled a pot of salted water, tossing in my Trader Joe's quinoa-rice pasta like the gluten-free goddess I am. Twenty minutes later, my noodles were al dente and my feta was creamy. 

I zested a lemon and a handful of fresh basil into my baking dish, then took a spoon and mashed it all together into a thick, decadent sauce. I folded my pasta in gently, and then immediately burst into tears at the sheer beauty of my creation. 

Okay, maybe I didn't burst into tears. But I did feel the most joy I'd felt in a long time when I took my first bite. The pasta serves as the perfect foundation for the rich feta and pungent garlic, the sweet tomatoes and the slight zing of lemon. 

Simple and delicious, any college student with an oven and accessibility to a feta chunk can enjoy this viral dish. Try it out and let me know if you enjoy it as much as I did!