Everyone loves a sweet treat, especially me. It is always the perfect way to treat yo’ self after a long day. If you step outside of Gate 4 on campus you will find three delicious places to get some non-dining-hall dessert.

1. Caffé Bene

Sweet

Photo courtesy of Lorin Kruzynski

CafféBene just opened this past December! They offer all different treats just as sweet as this one. Pictured above is a waffle with whipped cream, strawberries, and chocolate drizzle (which you get 5% off of with your St. John’s ID). Some of the other menu options include savory sandwiches, smoothies, and coffees. Jazz music plays in the background to make it a perfect place to grab coffee with an old friend. The best part, besides the student discount? They ask if you want regular milk or not! This is made me very happy being that I am lactose intolerant and can’t really drink regular milk.

Sweet

2. Crepe N Tearia

Sweet

Photo courtesy of Lorin Kruzynski

After coming back from a semester abroad, all I wanted was a Nutella and strawberry crepe. While venturing off-campus I found Crepe N Tearia to fill the void of missing those European crepes. It is one block away from campus, perfect walking distance to grab some dessert. You can get my favorite Nutella and strawberry crepe or make your own. But, they have more than just dessert- Crepe N Tearia also offers savory crepes along with bubble tea and other drinks.

3. LuLu’s Bakery

Sweet

Photo courtesy of LuLu’s Bakery Facebook

Ever watch Cake Wars? LuLu’s Bakery was featured on Cake Wars and WON! This bakery is a ten block walk from campus but definitely worth it. All of the treats are sweet and reasonably priced. It is a small shop with a great ambiance if you are looking to stay and eat there. They have everything from rainbow cookies to tira-mi-su. If you’re tired of the same old dessert they serve at the dining hall and want to shake things up, definitely go to LuLu’s bakery!

Sweet