It’s a Tuesday evening, you’re pulling an all-nighter, and a jar of Nutella has mysteriously appeared in front of you. You have no idea how it got there — you never do — but there it is. The lid is off and the smooth chocolate hazelnut spread is calling your name.

You’re knee-deep in your textbooks and can’t be bothered to make a piece of toast or cut up a piece of fruit, so you grab the nearest spoon and dig in.

Don’t worry, we’ve all been there.

But now, you can eat your Nutella with dignity… with your fingers.

Nutella

Photo courtesy of 4shared.com

Paolo Ulian‘s life mission was to make eating Nutella easier. Okay not really, but this Italian designer did invent a pretty kickass way to indulge in your favorite dessert spread.

At the Pappilan exhibition in Milan, Italy in 2005, Ulian premiered his finger biscuit invention.

Nutella

Photo courtesy of paoloulian.it

Nutella’s parent company, Ferrero, purchased the finger biscuit invention in 2006.

Unfortunately for anyone with large hands, these are a one-size-fits-all kinda thing.

According to Ulian, “This cookie is not born to keep in our hand, but to wear as a thimble, and then enjoy it in one mouthful together with our favorite cream.”

So put your edible finger thimble on and dig in.

However, we recommend washing your hands before eating them. Or don’t.

Nutella

Photo courtesy of simonepeterson.com

If you’re feeling extra frisky, try dipping it in peanut butter, almond butter, cookie butter, marshmallow fluff, chocolate syrup, ice cream, cheesecake, jelly, chocolate milk, maple syrup, or even gravy.

The possibilities are truly endless.