Professional chefs want a balance of flavors in their food and in their drinks. With that said, when they hit up a bar, they are not going to order what everyone else is having. They might have to jump behind the bar to make it themselves, but they will do what it takes to get what they want.

Bobby Flay: Spicy Jalapeño Pineapple Margarita

professional chefs

Photo by Sara Tane

Bobby Flay likes his cocktails to be like his recipes: well-balanced. According to Bon Appétit, he doesn’t like cocktails that are too sweet, so you won’t see him with a Cosmo in hand. Instead, Bobby, who is a huge fan of spicy, Southwestern flavors when cooking, would order a Spicy Jalapeño Pineapple Margarita.

professional chefs

Photo courtesy of @bobbyflay on Instagram

Giada De Laurentiis: Limoncello

professional chefs

Photo by Savannah Carter

Giada sticks to her Italian roots and there is nothing more Italian than limoncello. If you’ve watched Giada’s cooking shows, she is pretty much obsessed with lemons. She puts them in everything and she is not afraid to admit it.

professional chefs

Photo courtesy of @giadadelaurentiis on Instagram

Anne Burrell: Bloody Mary

professional chefs

Photo by Bonnie Tynes

Anne Burrell sticks to savory cooking, so she would enjoy a savory cocktail. She is always cooking big slabs of meat for hours on end, so she needs something to sip on while that’s happening. I can just picture her putting a pot roast in the oven on a Sunday morning while sipping on her Bloody Mary.

professional chefs

Photo courtesy of @chefanneburrell on Instagram

Alex Guarnaschelli: Grapefruit Cocktail

professional chefs

Photo by Natalie Van Brunt

Alex Guarnaschelli likes her food to be simple, but impactful. The grapefruit cocktail is a little sweet, but also has a little tang to it, which is similar to Alex’s personality. When Alex was a mentor on All Star Academy on Food Network, she knew when to complement her mentees, but she also knew when to yell at them.

professional chefs

Photo courtesy of @guarnaschelli on Instagram

Geoffrey Zakarian: Old Fashioned

professional chefs

Photo by Ceci Long

Geoffrey Zakarian likes his drinks to be classic, without any fuss. When he hosts The Kitchen on Food Network, he is the bartender of the group and brings forth his extensive knowledge of the history behind cocktails. The Old Fashioned is the perfect cocktail for him because it has a complex flavor, but it is just a few ingredients.

professional chefs

Photo courtesy of @gzchef on Instagram

Scott Conant: A Glass of Italian Red Wine

professional chefs

Photo by Bri Jones

Scott Conant is known for being the Italian Stallion on Food Network’s Chopped. He is the ultimate pasta expert and what goes better with pasta than red wine? While he is making a pasta sauce with red wine, he probably takes a few sips for himself.

professional chefs

Photo courtesy of @conantnyc on Instagram

Amanda Freitag: Sangria

professional chefs

Photo courtesy of calleochonyc.com

Amanda Freitag is a classic judge on Food Network’s Chopped and is definitely one of the sweeter judges. Since she is one of the sweeter judges, I gave her a sweet drink pairing. I can definitely see Amanda kicking back for wine night with the girls with sangria in hand.

professional chefs

Photo courtesy of @chefamandaf on Instagram

Micheal Symon: Craft Beer

professional chefs

Photo by Sarah Schuette

Michael Symon hosts a show on Cooking Channel called Burgers, Brew, and ‘Que, so he is all about the beer. He is not going to go to the bar on $1 PBR night. Instead, he’s going to drink the good stuff.

professional chefs

Photo courtesy of @chefsymon on Instagram