With only about a month of summer left, why not take advantage of all the amazing the summertime fruits before they’re gone? If you can’t decide which to indulge in—which is understandable because pretty much all summer season produce is damn delicious—why not decide based on the amount of sugar each contains?

Why decide based on how much sugar is in each fruit, you ask? Because sugar isn’t the greatest thing for you, and it’s crazy to think about—it’s crazy just to notice, especially when you usually don’t give a f*ck—just how much sugar you are actually consuming each day. Maybe ignorance is bliss, but it’s at least interesting to know what’s up when it comes to the sugar content of your fruit (and your body). Besides, fruit has so much other stuff in it that is good for you it’s kind of is healthy no matter what, right?

*All nutritional information has been cited from FDA research, with each sugar calculation corresponding to one serving size of the fruit. Keep in mind, of course, that the more ripe the fruit, the more concentrated the sugar in the fruit will be. Also note that while some fruits may have more sugar than you expected, you should still eat hella fruit because it’s hella good for you. 

9. Raspberries 

summertime fruit

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

Super high in fiber, folate, and magnesium, raspberries are not only super tasty, but also high in antioxidants. A cup of raspberries has about 5g of sugar.

8. Blackberries 

summertime fruit

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

Blackberries are very high in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C, with about 7g of sugar in a cup.

7. Plums (Tie)

summertime fruit

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

Plums are super tart and delicious, while also being very low in fat and loaded with vitamins, vitamin C especially, and minerals. A medium sized plum has about 8g of sugar.

7. Strawberries (Tie)

summertime fruit

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

High in fiber and vitamin C, as well as a couple anti-inflammatory antioxidants, eight medium sized strawberries have about 8g of sugar.

6. Watermelon 

summertime fruit

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

Watermelons, perhaps the most refreshing fruit that exists, is filled with vitamins (especially vitamin A) and lycopene. A cup of diced watermelon having about 10g of sugar.

5. Nectarines (Tie)

summertime fruit

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

With very similar health benefits to peaches (listed below), nectarines have the added boost of beta-carotene and therefore vitamin A. Any medium sized peach has about 11g of sugar.

5. Cantaloupe (Tie)

summertime fruit

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

Cantaloupes have a ton of potassium and B vitamins, and a 1/4 of a melon only has about 11g of sugar.

5. Honeydew (Tie)

summertime fruit

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

Honeydew melon is high in potassium, vitamin C,  and copper. 1/10th of a melon—basically a slice—has about 11g of sugar.

4. Peaches 

summertime fruit

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

Peaches are great sources of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, such as potassium, with a medium sized peach having about 13g of sugar.

3. Blueberries

summertime fruit

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

You can expect about 15g of sugar in a cup of blueberries, but these tasty little morsels are very high in antioxidants, fiber, potassium, and other vitamins.

2. Cherries

summertime fruit

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

Delicious and oh so sweet, cherries also are great for reducing inflammation, are packed with antioxidants, and apparently help you sleep better. A cup of cherries has about 16g of sugar.

1. Grapes

summertime fruit

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

Grapes are loaded with antioxidants called polyphenols which helps prevent and slow multiple kinds of cancer, plus they taste great and are refreshing AF. There is 20g of sugar in 3/4 cup of grapes.