Meet Aurora Leveroni, better known as Nonna Marijuana, a 91-year-old woman who creates medical marijuana-infused, Italian home-style meals for people in need of weed’s medicinal purposes. Nonna does not take part in her infused meals, but is a very strong advocate for the use of medical marijuana.

weed

Photo courtesy of facebook.com

It all started when her daughter, Valerie Corral, suffered a traumatic brain injury in a car accident which caused her to have up to 5 grand mal seizures a day. Valerie went through different medicine and became strung out on all of the pharmaceuticals with little difference in her well-being.

She started self-experimenting with weed due to a study that was supposed to expose the harms of marijuana but instead revealed the medical benefits of the drug. After three weeks, she noticed a considerable difference in her health and then self-prescribed marijuana as her new pharmaceutical.

weed

Photo courtesy of youtube.com

Now, Val and Nonna have a massive garden at an undisclosed location in the hills of Northern California where they grow and harvest over 20 different strains of marijuana. Val is Executive Director and Co-Founder of Women and Men’s Alliance for Medical Marijuana, the first non-profit dispensary of medical marijuana. WAMM is a community, volunteer-based garden that supplies to everyone no matter what they’re able to pay.

weed

Photo courtesy of youtube.com

Nonna makes foods such as gnocchi, braised chicken and ice cream (that should obviously be topped with this warm weed Nutella and bits of this weed-infused chocolate bar).

To learn more about Nonna, Val, their cause and how they make a delicious weed-infused feast, watch below.