BreakingNews247.net released a Facebook post on September 14th stating that due to "a severe decline in sales" and "new versions" of the product, Reese's would be discontinuing Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  

Traffic around this post has skyrocketed and crossed platforms to Twitter where it has become a trending topic. With over 7,600 retweets, 11,000 likes, and over 800 comments of infuriated users, consumers are left mind-boggled if this post is the real deal. 

So, what's the verdict? Is America about to say goodbye to one of the most beloved and largest selling candies?

Fear not peanut butter cup lovers, this fabricated post has been put to rest and you will be able to eat to your heart's content come this October. WUSA9 got in contact with Hershey Company Communication Manager Anna Lingeris who said, "Rest assured, the only people removing Reese’s products from shelves are consumers, who are taking them home to eat.” 

BreakingNews247.net, also known as a prank site, has a litany of falsehood or hoax posts to stir up conversation and panic. Hey, you're doing a great job at it, but let's maybe not scare thousands of people of being deprived of their favorite Halloween candy, yeah?  

Although Hershey has not released a direct statement regarding the rumor, Reese's has been on top of their Twitter game reassuring consumers that they will still be able to stock up on some PBCs anytime, anywhere.

Reese's have a reputation of being a top selling candy in the United States. Here is a brief history behind the chocolate-peanut butter candy that has everyone at it's fingertips.  

The candy goes all the way back to the 1920s when Harry Reese was working at Hershey's. The dairy employee decided to make a brand of his own and leave the Hershey chocolate company. 

After many years of success, Hershey bought the company for $23.5 million in 1963. According to FOX News Food & Drink, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup generated more than $350 million in sales in 2015. It was also ranked the number 2 most sold candy after M&M's. 

#SpoonTip: Reese's claims that if you were to look at how many cups were sold a year, it could wrap around Earth several times. 

In October of 2016, Refinery 29 took a poll for the best all-time candy and to no surprise Reese's won. Talk about prime time for Halloween candy season, because the Today Show had a segment illustrating each state's favorite candy via Influenster. Reese's destroyed the competition with the highest amount of votes.

Looks like the only way Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are vanishing from shelves are due to their die-hard consumers. So go do your Halloween candy shopping, make some Reese's stuffed s'more bars, or top your favorite donut with some crushed cups because really your options are endless when it comes to pairing foods with Reese's PBCs. 

Let's get the record straight, Fake News: 0, Us: 1. Better luck next time BreakingNews247.net., you prankster.