Staying active is important and keeping a healthy diet only helps you reach your exercise goals, but it is possible to receive the nutrition you need while indulging your sweet tooth now and again.

If you exercise or lead an active lifestyle, consuming sufficient amounts of protein throughout the day is important. It helps in repairing, building and maintaining muscle and post-workout protein snacks are especially helpful in aiding muscle growth. These snacks need to be packed with protein but they don’t need to be tasteless or boring.

Greek yogurt is a great source of protein and the perfect base for yummy additions. For a delicious post workout dessert all you need are the following and a spoon.

1. Get plain Greek yogurt

Greek yogurt

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Fage nonfat plain greek yogurt is my favorite but any other plain yogurts, nonfat or low-fat, will work just the same.

2. Add chocolate whey protein powder

Greek yogurt

Photo by Emily Kirsch

For anyone who has yet to find their protein powder of choice, Gold Standard Whey is an excellent brand. It packs 120 calories and 23 grams of protein in one scoop. Stir one scoop of the chocolate whey protein powder into your cup of Greek yogurt until it’s completely blended in.

3. Add chocolate chips

Trader Joe’s semisweet chocolate chips are a good choice for this dessert, not too sweet but adding a chocolate bite to the yogurt. To maximize one serving of chocolate chips, chop them up.

4. Add raspberries and enjoy!

Greek yogurt

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Finally, one cup of raspberries compliments the more bitter chocolate flavor with a refreshing sweetness.

If you’re being extra health-conscious and only looking to satisfy your chocolate craving, cut the chocolate chips and raspberries out, the protein powder and Greek yogurt alone make for a great dessert and you can even add a second scoop of protein powder to amp up the flavor.