Matzah, oh matzah. Many of us have a love-hate relationship with the stuff—mostly hate. Let’s be honest, it tastes like cardboard.

Passover is approaching quickly, and that means the start of matzah season. It can get pretty boring, but luckily there are many ways you can get your fix of today’s trendiest foods during Passover and, before you know it, you’ll forget that your snack is unleavened.

1. Avo Matzah Toast

matzah

Photo by Hannah Skiest

Avocado toast has taken the food world by storm. If I have ripe avocados around, the first thing I do is make avocado toast. Without the presence of bread, you can easily swap it for matzah. All you need is a ripe avocado, some salt, pepper flakes and matzah.

Mash your avocado onto a couple pieces of matzah, then add salt for some extra flavor and pepper flakes to spice it up.

2. Peanut Butter and Banana Matzah

matzah

Photo by Hannah Skiest

You just can’t go wrong with the peanut butter and banana combo. Spread some peanut butter onto your matzah and add as many banana slices as you like. Plus, the peanut butter is sticky enough that pretty much anything will stick to it. Try coconut flakes, chocolate chips, cinnamon—the list goes on and on.

3. Passover-friendly Ice Cream Sandwich

matzah

Photo by Hannah Skiest

This is by far the BEST thing on this list. It takes a little more patience than the others, but it is so worth it.

Put about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips into a bowl. Microwave it in increments of 5 seconds, stirring after each one. Once the chocolate is melted, cover your matzah. If you want to add toppings, now’s your chance before you throw it in the freezer for about ten minutes.

After the chocolate hardens, scoop your favorite ice cream between two pieces of matzah, making a cute little choco-matzah ice cream sandwich.

4. Matzah S’mores

matzah

Photo by Hannah Skiest

This is a classic snack that you can make in no time. Simply place a marshmallow on one piece of matzah and a piece of chocolate on the other. Put both in the microwave for no longer than 10 seconds and voila—you have a campfire snack that Moses would be proud of.

Want more ideas for how to eat well this Passover? We have plenty: