Passover is always such a tricky holiday. Sure, the family gathers together for the Seder (hopefully you aren’t stuck at the 4-hour long one), and you’re technically an adult sitting at the kid’s table, but everyone always dreads this holiday because it means giving up bread. One can barely survive off Matzah pb&j’s, but what about dessert?

Moses and friends trekked across the desert for 40 years, so I think we can manage to endure 8 days without yeast. Here are 5 Passover-friendly dessert recipes that won’t taste like chocolate-covered sawdust.

1. Flourless Chocolate Cake

passover

Photo by Justin Shannin

This dessert is a total Passover staple, so make the Seder more bearable with this chocolate fix.

2. Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons

passover

Photo by Amanda Shulman

It’s not Passover unless there are macaroons. Don’t settle for less and buy the ones at your local grocery store. Make homemade ones instead.

3. Chocolate Caramel Matzah

passover

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Brace yourself as you prepare to utter the words, “Pass me more matzah.” After all, it is called Matzo Crack for a reason.

4. Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

passover

Photo by Mackenzie Barth

Don’t sacrifice flavor just because it’s Passover. These cookies will be one of the biggest hits at the Seder since the time Aunt Andrea got a little too tipsy last year.

5. Coffee Meringues

passover

Photo courtesy of Mark Weinberg

The story of Passover basically requires us to drink 4 glasses of wine, so sober up and indulge yourself with these meringues.

Passover really doesn’t have to be all that bad. Just make sure to keep refilling that wine glass, enjoy the brisket, and save room for dessert.

Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?

passover

Photo courtesy of Mark Weinberg, Design by Amber Chen

Want to learn more about Passover? Check out these articles: