Chicken wings are one of the most unhealthy and terrific dinners.  It can also be the finest snack after a late-night excursion. In Madison, students are ordering wings at all hours of the day. Here is a list of some of the most popular wing spots and companies:

Wings Over Madison

Wings Over Madison is a popular joint open until 3am. When I ate these wings, I knew I needed wings with the bone in. The honey BBQ sauce wings were meaty and juicy, especially with blu cheese.  In my opinion, it’s as sweet as a savory flavor can be. 

The Cruising’ Altitude sauce was also delicious.  It was a typical medium sauce with a small kick that gets your taste buds intrigued. If you’re ever hungry, these wings will definitely hit the spot, and they are definitely a good leftover food to throw in the microwave. 

Wing Stop

Wing Stop is another wing restaurant located on Regent Street in Madison.  When it comes to this place, there are mixed reviews. The meat itself is delicious and their most popular sauce is a dry rub, yet they run into trouble when it comes to most of the other sauces.  

But, they run into trouble when it comes to most of the other sauces.  The three sauces that I have tried are the BBQ, Hawaiian, and the Teriyaki.  Unfortunately, I could live without tasting these again.

Buffalo Wild Wings

But, I know people who swear by Wing Stop, therefore I will keeping trying until I find the sauce for me

At BWW, I personally believe that the boneless wings are the way to go.  They become like chicken nuggets, yet they are still classic wings. There are fantastic sauces and dry rubs, and the best part is that you can split an order into two different types–because, let’s be real, it’s not enough to only have one flavor. 

My signature order is a honey BBQ and parmesan garlic boneless split.  The honey BBQ is the sweetest you can get when it comes to a savory sauce.  The parmesan garlic is a dry rub that has bits of flavor that satisfy any craving you might be having. 

There are fantastic sauces and dry rubs, and the best part is that you can split an order into two different types because it’s not enough to only have one flavor. 

UW-Madison Dining Halls

One of the many crowd pleasers here on campus is the wings that are served on various days from the dining halls.  Students can order a half or a full order depending on how ravenous they are after class.

The most popular flavors are buffalo, BBQ, and teriyaki, among other exotic flavors.  Like BWW, these wings are like nuggets that are covered in thin and flavorful sauces.   The wing line is always out the door by the time dinner rolls around. 

There you have it, Spooniverse: wings on wings or wings.

Clearly, wings are a phenomenon that no one can live without. If you are ever in Madison, you’ll know where to go.