Picking which snack foods to get at the grocery store is one of the hardest decisions to make. As a college student, you usually only make a trip to the store once a week, so whatever you choose, you will have to deal with it for the next seven days.

You may think you know what the best snack out there for you is, but there are so many options that it's nearly impossible to really know. So, I'm here to help you tackle one snack challenge: the choice of the cheese. If you really want to know which cheesy snack you should reach for during your next trip to the store, listen up. 

7. Cheese Nips 

These crackers are pretty good, but they're not great. They are almost as good as Cheez-Its, but they are overshadowed almost every time. I am almost positive that if you asked a random person on the side of the street whether they preferred Cheez-Its or Cheese Nips, they'd answer either A) Definitely Cheez-Its or B) What are Cheese Nips?

6. Cheez-Its

Cheez-Its are basically a better version of Cheese Nips. Cheez-Its come in 18 different flavors and that doesn't include the new additions to the Cheez-It family, such as Cheez-It Grooves and baked sandwich crackers.

They are the most popular square cheddar cracker around and have been compared to an addictive drug on many occasions in my household. 

5. Cheddar Penguins

Cheddar Penguins do not necessarily taste better than Cheez-Its because they're a little bland, but they are shaped like penguins, so, obviously, that trumps a basic square-shaped snack.

I only recently discovered these little crackers because you can't find them at your average grocery store. However, if you do happen to find them, give them a shot — because at least they look cool, right?

4. Trader Joe's Cheddar Rockets 

Trader Joes's snack options are always on point, and these cheddar rockets do not disappoint. Each rocket is much bigger and puffier than any goldfish or cheddar bunny, and they actually taste like you are eating cheese.

These are probably the most underrated crackers because they are definitely high quality, and unlike Goldfish or Cheez-Its, they don't taste super processed. They taste just the way a simply made cheese cracker should taste. 

3. Goldfish

peanut, sweet, butter, peanut butter
Kimberly Fu

You pretty much can't go wrong with Goldfish. They are a staple all over the world and bring back great childhood memories to most people. 

If you did not already know, which you probably did if you are as obsessed with Goldfish as I am, there are over 30 different flavors. The only negative thing about these crackers is that once you start eating them, it is nearly impossible to stop. 

2. Annie's Cheddar Bunnies

For almost my entire life, I was a Goldfish girl. Whenever someone asked what my favorite snack was, it was always Goldfish. Since college, I have decided to widen my palette and have since been converted to a bunny eater. Overall, they taste less processed and less salty than Goldfish, yet they're still very cheesy.

1. Annie's White Cheddar Bunnies

If I had to recommend one brand of snack food to anyone, it would be Annie's. All of the foods within the Annie's brand are relatively healthy versions of your favorite cheesy, salty, or sweet snacks. In my opinion, White Cheddar Bunnies are the greatest invention on earth. They are highly addictive, so be wary of the fact that it is very easy to eat the entire box in one sitting, but it is worth it every time — trust me.  

Don't get sucked into the idea that there is only one type of cheddar snack out there for you. Experiment with cool shaped snacks, widen your palette, and open your mind to the large assortment of cheese crackers out there.