As classically delicious as Jeni’s is, sometimes, you just need a change. Below, I have compiled a list of my top five favorite dessert places in Atlanta. Ranging from doughnut shops to milkshake bars, here are some treats that I guarantee will satisfy your sweet tooth.

Cereal and Cream

Originally a small pink food truck, Cereal and Cream has evolved into a gorgeous storefront and one of the hottest sweet spots in Atlanta. The options here are endless, appealing to even the pickiest of eaters. Although known for its cereal-infused ice cream, Cereal and Cream also offers a whole lot more. For the full experience, check out their brunch menu offered on the third Saturday and Sunday of each month. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Mr. Churro

Looking to change things up? Mr. Churro is the perfect place to do just that. With four locations throughout Georgia, there is no excuse to miss this spot on your Atlanta food tour. When combined with a Nutella drizzle, these churros make for the perfect dessert. The shop is open until 11:00 PM on Fridays and Saturdays, making this a great option for a late-night treat. Take my word for it—these are some of the best churros you will ever have.

The Yard Milkshake Bar

As a self-proclaimed milkshake connoisseur, I can confidently say that The Yard Milkshake Bar has the best shakes in Atlanta. Although they have an extensive pre-fixe menu, the most fun part of the experience is customizing your milkshake to your liking.

With gluten-free and lactose-friendly options, there is truly something for everyone here. Once you go to The Yard Milkshake Bar, you will never want to try another shake again.

Not a milkshake fanatic? They also offer edible cookie dough, ice cream scoops, and an entire secret menu to keep you occupied. Prepare to be amazed by the deliciousness. 

Revolution Doughnuts

Revolution Doughnuts has rightfully earned its reputation as an Atlanta staple. They have mastered the classics, such as the Cinnamon Sugar doughnut above, but also experiment with funky and eccentric flavors like their "Mac N Cheez Burger" and "Peanut Butter Banana Fritters" doughnuts. Regardless of which doughnut you order here, you will most certainly leave with both your heart and stomach full.

Beard Papa's

Last but not least, we have Beard Papa's, claimed by them to be the "world's best cream puffs." After trying their s'mores cream puff, I most definitely agree with that statement. The franchise began in Japan and has since spread to over 400 stores around the world. They also provide the option to order online and even get them delivered to your doorstep. These treats are undeniably delicious, and I cannot possibly recommend them enough. 

So, the next time you are looking for something a little different than your average ice cream cone, consider going to one of these amazing dessert places. Try them once, and you are destined to return for more. Whether you are a tourist or a local, these spots are essential to the Atlanta experience.