I started a vegan lifestyle during my freshman year. It was pretty hard to say goodbye to all of the foods I once enjoyed like chicken, hamburgers, and the mac and cheese bites at brunch. But it was worth it, because I am a lot healthier than I used to be and I am a lot happier. Luckily Dana has a selection of vegan food that made my transition much easier. With trial and error, I have found a few really tasty vegan options. So without further ado, here are some vegan foods that you MUST try at Dana.

1. Vegan Chicken Cutlets

I kid you not, these are as good as the chicken tenders that they serve during Chicken tender day. Though I will admit the taste is not completely the same. Nevertheless, these do the trick whenever I am craving chicken tenders. Serve them with French fries, or even make a vegan chicken sandwich by putting them on bread of your choice.

2. Vegan Meatballs

Although these are not served very often, they taste amazing. I like to have them with pasta or by themselves, but you can always make a vegan meatball sandwich if you fancy.

3. Sweet Potato Fries

These are probably my favorite on the list because I am a sweet potato addict. I always make sure to go to Dana whenever they are serving them. I usually eat them by themselves, but you can also serve them with the vegan chicken cutlets or the veggie burgers.

4. Southwest style potatoes

These are only served sparingly at brunch, but these potatoes are so spicy and full of flavor. They are good if you are like me and always want to eat carbs. As you can tell from before, I love potatoes, so I usually eat them by themselves. But if you are like most people, you can eat them as a side dish.

5. Vegan Ravioli

Made with cashew cheese, this ravioli are a lifesaver when you are craving a cheesy Italian pasta dish. And the spicy tomato sauce that it is sometimes served with it gives it a little extra flavor.

I really hope this is helpful for college students that want to try going vegan and have fun doing it. But just a disclaimer, these are not the healthiest for you, but these are great things to try if you want to indulge.