First dates can be awkward and nerve-raking, but picking the right place to go to can really change up the mood. I've selected ten of the best date spots in St. Louis. Whether you're looking for a cool and casual eatery, or a trendy and formal high-end restaurant, you can find just what you need on this list of date spots in St. Louis. 

1. Clementine's Naughty & Nice Creamery 

dena dianati

Price: $$

Location: 1637 S 18th St, St. Louis, MO &  730 De Mun Ave, Clayton, MO

Hours of operation: Mon-Sun: 11am-10pm 

Reservation: Not necessary. 

Clementine's is a micro-creamery with locations in Clayton and Lafayette, MO. Clementine's is a small ice cream parlor with a cozy intimate feel, which makes it great for a first date. They offer 12 regular or "nice" flavors, 9 alcoholic or "naughty" flavors, and there are 3 vegan flavors to choose from as well. A flavor I suggest trying would be Midnight Pleasures, as it is described to be dark, rich and strong, just how ice cream should be. Scoop up your crush and go to Clementine's because you can't go wrong with ice cream on a first date (unless you're lactose intolerant). 

2. Retreat Gastropub 

Lissane Kafie

Price: $$

Location:  6 N. Sarah St, St. Louis, MO 

Hours of Operation: Mon, Wed-Sun: 11am-3pm , 4pm-11pm

Reservation: Yes

Retreat Gastropub is a trendy restaurant with great drinks and food. I recommend their loaded mac & cheese, (it's a game changer). They describe themselves as "a modern American pub with a rustic touch," and their mission is to provide high quality food and craft cocktails. Having been there myself, I deem their self-description true. The décor is romantic and warm, perfect for two people who want to get to know each other better. 

3. Juniper

Lissane Kafie

Price: $$

Location: 4101 Laclede Ave, St. Louis, MO 

Hours of Operation: M-F: 11am-11pm, Sat: 9am- 12am, Sun: 9am-2pm 

Reservation: Yes 

Juniper is a Southern style eatery serving dishes from fried green tomatoes to shrimp 'n' grits. One of the best things about Juniper is their selection of small plates. Two or three small plates are more than enough to feed a couple. Juniper also has a great cocktail list. I recommend the Violent Pear It Away, as it's a tangy cocktail with a pinch of sweetness.

Aside from their outstanding food and drink menu, Juniper manages to offer a comfortable setting. It isn't too loud where you are practically shouting at your date, and it isn't too quiet where you can hear the couple next to you munch down on their deviled eggs. This is by far one of the best date spots in St. Louis, but don't just take my word for it. STL Magazine voted Juniper best restaurants in 2015, 2016, & 2018.  

4. Tree House 

Karly Wilson

Price: $$

Location: 3177 S. Grand Blvd, St. Louis, MO 

Hours of Operation: M-Th: 5:30pm-9:30pm, F: 5:30pm-10pm, Sat/Sun: 10am-3pm ,reopens, 5pm-9:30pm

Reservation: Not necessary 

Treehouse is a vegetarian & vegan restaurant. Their menu options are amazingly tasty that you won't even miss the meat. Even if you aren't vegetarian or vegan, I would definitely give this place a try. What better way to spice up a date than trying new and exciting dishes together. 

5. SqWires 

Price: $$

Location: 1415 S. 18th St., St. Louis, MO 

Hours of Operation: T-Th 11:00am-9pm, F: 11:00am-11pm

Sat 8:00am-11pm, Sun 8:00am-2pm

Reservation: Yes 

SqWires is an old factory located in Lafayette square that was converted into a restaurant in 2001.  The building itself is amazing, and to top it all off the food is too. The menu is full of options that can appease everyone. I recommend the veggie lasagna; all the veggies combined remind me of ratatouille. If you're looking to really impress your date, reserve a table for two on a warm St. Louis night and sit outside. The string lights and the beautiful landscaping will set the mood just right. 

6. Wasabi Sushi Bar  

Price: $$

Location: 16 S. Central Ave, Clayton, MO 

Hours of Operation: M-Th: 11:30am -9pm, F-Sat: 11:30am- 10pm , Sun: 4pm-9pm

Reservation: Not necessary 

Wasabi Sushi Bar has to be one of my favorite sushi spots in the St. Louis area. Not only do they have amazing sushi, but they have great deals too. On Tuesday from 3-6pm all their rolls are $6 and Wednesday to Friday from 3-6pm you can enjoy discounted rolls for $4. I recommend the playboy roll, M&B roll, fox roll, and if you want something really different try the O.M.G roll. Between two people, two 8-piece rolls will be more than enough food. With this restaurant, you can enjoy great sushi while not breaking the bank. Wasabi is hands down my favorite date spot in St. Louis. 

7. Pastaria 

Price: $$

Location: 7734 Forsyth Blvd, Clayton, MO 

Hours of Operation: M-TH: 11am-10pm, F: 11am-11pm, Sat: 10am-11pm, Sun: 10am-9pm 

Reservation: Yes 

Pastaria is a pasta-lovers paradise. Most of their pasta is made in house or locally sourced. My favorite pasta dish would be their 

Chitarra al Pomodoro. It's a simple pasta with tomatoes, garlic, basil, and Grana Padano. I swear I could eat this dish everyday for the rest of my life because it's that good. If you want good made-from-scratch pasta, definitely check out Pastaria. 

8. Pi Pizzeria 

Price: $$

Location: 610 Washington Ave, St. Louis, MO

Hours of Operation: M-Th: 11am-11pm, F-Sat: 11am-12am, Sun: 11am-10pm 

Reservation: Yes

Pi Pizzeria is hands down the best pizza in St. Louis, in my opinion. I'm from Chicago, a city that knows how to make a good slice of pizza, but I have to say I'll have a slice of Pi pizza over Giordano's any day. Pi has so many choices when it comes to their specialty pizzas. My all-time favorite is their thin crust Lincoln Park pizza, it has mozzarella, zucchini, tomato, feta, basil, and garlic olive oil on it. Combine all those flavors and you have heaven on your plate.

The one thing that really sets Pi pizzeria apart from the rest would be their love of taking risks with ingredients, such as honey or red chili peppers. You would not regret having a first date here, or maybe all of your dates, because this place is that good. 

9. Bailey's Chocolate Bar 

Price: $$ 

Location: 1915 Park Ave, St. Louis, MO

Hours of Operation: W-Th: 5pm-12am, F-Sat: 5pm-1am, Sun: 5pm-12am 

Reservation: Yes

Bailey's Chocolate Bar is a special place; it is like no other on this list. They have a dessert and drink menu full of delectable chocolate treats, if you're a choco-holic like myself you'll love this date spot. If you're 21 and over, you have to get their signature cocktail, ironically called "The Signature." It is an ice cream martini with chocolate ice cream, Irish cream, and chocolate vodka. I can hear angels singing because that drink is heaven in a glass. There is no doubt in my mind that you'll fall head over heals with Bailey's Chocolate Bar. 

10. Bailey's Range 

Price: $$

Location: 920 Olive St., St. Louis, MO

Hours of Operation:  M-Th: 11am-11pm, F-Sat: 11am-12am, Sun: 11am-11pm

Reservation: Not necessary 

Looking for a casual place to take that special someone? Definitely check out Bailey's Range. It's one of the best places to go for a fresh burger, and they have so many good options to try. You can order the usual hamburger, or you can go wild and order one of their amazing specialty burgers. Bailey's has 14 specialty burgers that you can customize. You can choose a burger with either a chicken patty, veggie patty, or a bison patty. What is so great about Bailey's Range is that you can build your dream burger. 

Dating can be a challenge sometimes, but it can also be a lot of fun. You get to meet new people, learn new things, and best of all, eat good food (a girl's gotta eat, right?). Hopefully this list of the top 10 first date spots in St. Louis helps you spice up your dating game, and even find that perfect someone to share a plate with.