Perfect Snacks' story began with the opening of San Diego's first gym and juice bar in the 1960's by Bud Keith. Bud was a father, a health enthusiast, and a pioneer in the whole foods movement. Fast forward to 2005 when Bud was ill with cancer. His kids gambled everything and turned their dad's bar recipe from the 1980's into an official business.

Perfect Snacks was born. 

Over the past 14 years, Perfect Snacks has grown from The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar into a leader in the protein bar category, regardless of storage requirements. 

What's so great about Perfect Bars?

The first thing that I want to say before I get into ingredients is that these bars genuinely taste amazing. You can taste every ingredient they include and the texture is to die for. Now, on to the specifics in case you aren't convinced.

I'll start with what is in these bars. They contain only organic honey and dates as sweeteners. Every bar packs a punch of protein that's from whole food ingredients. There are a combination of 20 superfoods in every bar that provide a variety of vitamins and minerals. 

What will you not find in Perfect Bars? They're free from artificial preservatives, GMO ingredients, gluten, whey, and soy. They're also just the right balance of carbs, protein, and healthy fats to keep it low on the glycemic index. No blood sugar spikes mean no post-snack afternoon crashes. 

Why the refrigerator?

Because Perfect Snacks contain no artificial preservatives, a combination of honey and refrigeration keep these guys fresh. The amazing taste and gooey cookie dough-like texture are all-natural byproducts. Plus, they're fresh for 6 months straight from the fridge.

If you want to bring one or two on the go, don't worry. They also stay fresh out of the refrigerator for up to a week, making them the perfect travel companion.

What's new?

As an avid Perfect Snacks fan, I'm constantly stalking my local grocery stores' refrigerators, trying to keep an eye out for new products. Luckily for you, I've got the scoop. Their most recent seasonal flavor, which was an absolute hit, is Salted Caramel. You'll be hard pressed to find any of these guys on shelves. We can only hope that they'll be back eventually. 

The first new product that all Perfect Snacks fans are over the moon about are the chocolate chip peanut butter and peanut butter perfect bites. Trust me, these are the cure to everything from hanger to a serious snacking problem that you're trying to break. They're the perfect balance of sweet and salty with everything you want from a snack: carbs, protein, fats, and some micronutrients.

I like to have them on a greek yogurt bowl with fruit, honey, and granola. They're also fantastic in homemade "trail mix" with cereal, nuts, dried fruit, and dark chocolate. Just like the original bars, these guys should be kept refrigerated or taken on the go for up to two days. Perfect for a weekend trip.

In celebration of the 14th anniversary of Perfect Snacks, they're releasing a very special limited edition bar. Can you guess the flavor?

If you instantly thought birthday cake, you got it spot on. This bar will be a blend of peanut butter and cashew butter for a super creamy base. And it wouldn't be a birthday cake without sprinkles, so Perfect Snacks made sure to add a healthy dose of plant based sprinkles made from beets, spirulina, and turmeric. 

The flavor is super reminiscent of a vanilla-heavy funfetti cookie or a yellow birthday cake, so I'd say they got it spot on. It genuinely satisfies all of the birthday cake cravings that the packaging triggered.

You can find these fun snacks online exclusively on May 2, 2019, so keep your eyes peeled and act fast before they're gone. You can order on the Perfect Snacks website. They'll be $29 for 8 bars, and well worth it if you ask me!

How to I get my hands on them?

You can find Perfect Snacks in the dairy section of many of your local grocery stores. I've personally found the biggest selection in my local Whole Foods, but you can also get them in Trader Joe's, Publix, Kroger, Harris Teeter, Target, and even CVS. If you're a little off the beaten path or simply can't find the time to go grocery shopping, don't fear. Amazon Prime will get those things to your door in two days flat.

What I can't promise you is that your favorite flavors will be in stock. These things are so crazy good that I may or may not have solely caused my local Whole Foods to run out...