The Museum of Ice Cream launched in summer 2016 and almost immediately took over every influencer’s Instagram grid. Starting in New York City and moving to Los Angeles, Miami, and finally San Francisco, the interactive museum most notably includes a pool full of sprinkles visitors can splash around in, like a giant adult ball pit. This summer, the museum is coming back to NYC with a new interactive experience, and for the rest of the country, releasing pints of its new official ice cream line at Target stores nationwide. 

Photo courtesy of Museum of Ice Cream

The Museum of Ice Cream’s latest concept is called The Pint Shop and is kind of like a glowed up grocery store. According to a press release, “visitors will explore life-size pint installations, browse aisles dedicated to Museum of Ice Cream’s debut ice cream flavors, and have the opportunity to indulge in a reservation only, one-of-a-kind tasting experience, where participants will learn about the making of ice cream through all five senses.”

The Pint Shop opens on June 6 in NYC’s Meatpacking District and will be open six days a week. Entrance to the museum is on a first come, first serve basis, or you can (and should) make a reservation online at www.museumoficecream.com/pintshop to do a tasting. Keep in mind, lines are probably going to be hella long, but no matter which route you choose to visit, it’s totally free.

In addition to the whole activation, MOIC will host "Pint Sessions," a series of interactive workshops hosted by MOIC team members and social influencers. There's no word yet on what exactly these workshops will consist of, but according to the website, they will be hands-on and designed around the Pint Shop's key pillars of imagination, storytelling, innovation, community, and motivation. Stay tuned—more info will be released on June 10, with workshops starting June 14. 

Photo courtesy of Museum of Ice Cream

For those who can’t make it to the city this summer, you can find the Museum of Ice Cream’s new ice cream line exclusively at participating Target stores starting July 8. 

Flavors will include: Piñata (vanilla ice cream with iced animal cookies, frosted cupcake bites, fizzy cotton candies, and rainbow sprinkles), Sprinkle Pool (vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles), Vanillionaire (vanilla ice cream with wafer cookies), Chocolate Crush (chocolate ice cream with milk chocolate flakes), Cherrylicious (maraschino cherry ice cream with sugar cookie bites), Churro Churro (cinnamon ice cream with churro bites), and Nana Bread (banana ice cream with salted caramel almond butter swirls).

Photo courtesy of Museum of Ice Cream

The Museum of Ice cream was created, according to their website, “under the premise that ice cream is a universal symbol of joy, a personal pleasure, and a transportive vehicle for anyone’s imagination.” So while buying a pint or two might not give you the full sensory experience MOIC is providing at their NYC Pint Shop, their innovative ice cream flavors sound heavenly and like they'll give you (almost) the same pure, sweet joy in a pint.