If you ask a college student, the best way to tell them that you love them is by sending a care package their way. If you are anything like me, you like those care packages filled with food. Wicked Good Cupcakes are a new, delicious way to send your love. Every baker says they add a secret ingredient called love, however these cupcakes might actually have it. My mom sent me a 4-pack of jars for my birthday to share with my friends. I shamelessly ate all of them.  If possible, ask every family, friend, or significant other that you have to send you these delicious cupcakes because they will change your life forever. You may never look at cupcakes the same way again.

A mother-daughter team started this company and eventually brought the idea to the show Shark Tank. The investors fought for their product and have grown the company, which has helped them ship nationwide. They created the idea to fill a jar with cake, filling, and frosting. Basically, it’s a delicious cupcake in the convenience of a jar. These cupcakes stay fresh for up to 10 days without refrigeration. Each jar is packed with two decadent cupcakes and the frosting and filling are layered within the rich cake.

cupcakes

Photo courtesy of megan-deliciousdishings.blogspot.com

Some of the most popular and cleverly named flavors are Chocolate Lab, Peanut Butter Surprise, Cookies N Cream and Sea Salted Caramel. One flavor, Wicked Good, was undetectable by its name, but irresistible by taste. This cupcake’s batter is peanut butter flavored sprinkled with chocolate chips which makes it similar to a chocolate chip cookie layered with peanut butter frosting and chocolate ganache. As a peanut butter lover, this the most incredible flavor. There are cupcakes for every sweet tooth from red velvet to carrot cake. Even the pickiest dessert fan can find what they love here. Jars can be ordered in packs for 4 or 6–so sample your favorite flavors or stock up on one delicious one.

These treats are perfect for snacking on-the-go and are handy for mess-free snacking. I am constantly looking for food to throw in my backpack while on the run and this is the perfect dessert for my late night classes. However, I do get jealous looks from people as they see the layers of spongy cake and thick frosting. There is good news for our gluten-free friends as well; they make gluten-free cupcakes. Wicked Good Cupcakes also makes cheesecake, brownies, and pies all in the convenience of an adorable jar.

cupcakes

Whether it’s your birthday, a holiday, or just because, these decadent desserts are the perfect gift idea for yourself or a friend. Check them out at www.wickedgoodcupcakes.com, or send the link to someone as a hint. If you do check out the website, have a credit card ready because your mouth will be watering.

Want the best foods in your next care packages? Check out these ideas (and recommend them to your family):