Tina Scheer lost 90 pounds and started feeling better and more active in her everyday life. Elissa Grebler lost 20 pounds in the first ten weeks and was so inspired, she became a fitness instructor to help others achieve the same. People stopped smoking, started taking care of themselves, and became happier. How did they do it? They took it to the Max! The Max Challenge provides long-lasting results with its intricate, captivating ten-week program.

How It Began

The Max Challenge was founded by CEO Bryan Klein in 2011 after his own journey with weight loss. His goal? Help people not only lose weight, but see enduring results in mind, body, and spirit and lead overall healthier lifestyles.

The Process

The challenge is divided into three parts: engaging fitness classes, nutrition counseling, and motivation. The goal is to help members not only lose weight but to help them stay healthy and fit for many years to come. The Max Challenge is a lifestyle. You don't participate just to lose weight for one event; you do it to lead a healthier life and keep your body in proper condition.

After the ten-week challenge is over, if you decide to continue as a legacy member, you get the luxury of going to fitness classes and follow the nutrition for as long as you please. This will ensure that you will not only be fit and healthy for those ten weeks but for the rest of your life. It's definitely much more effective than a three-month diet.

Nutrition

The first part of the Max Challenge is nutrition. The ten weeks are split into four stages. Each stage is carefully designed to ensure members are eating the right foods in the right portions at the right times.

Stage One

First is what is called the conceive stage. This is the first three weeks of the challenge. The goal here is to build metabolism by eating clean, healthy foods in portion control. So maybe no more sugar rushes, but you'll get to try new, delicious foods that genuinely help your body run better.

Stages Two and Three

The next two weeks are the believe stage, which involves a reduction of carbs. The sixth through eighth weeks are known as the achieve stage: advanced carb cycling. Some days, a carb gets taken away from your meal plan, but no worries. An extra fruit is added, so you get the same energy boost

The Max understands that carbs are important to everyone's nutrition because the body uses them as fuel, so rather than taking them away for ten weeks, they are portioned correctly, making this more effective than those no-carb diets.

Stage Four

Finally, the last two weeks are the inspire stage. For more information on the specifics of what you should and should not eat each day and portion control, please click here.

Fitness Classes

Next is fitness. Fitness classes are five days a week for 45 minutes each day. There are multiple throughout the day. To find out times of classes near you, you would have to contact your local Max. Fitness classes are taught by an instructor, use engaging exercises, and are available for all ages and levels.

Mondays and Wednesdays are cardio, Tuesdays are upper body strength training (aka arms), Thursdays are lower body strength training (aka legs), and Friday is kickboxing. You get a taste of all different types of exercises that are fun, engaging, and work every part of your body. And the best part is, programs are never repeated in one challenge, so you won't ever be bored.

Motivation

Finally, motivation. The instructors and other people in your classes want you to succeed. Every class is incredibly supportive and always include a few high-fives.

The Max Challenge has changed more lives than we can count. People have seen their bodies completely transform in the ten weeks, and it has made them happier, healthier, and in a clearer mindset.

Get Involved

For more information on how to become a member to learn more about the fitness classes and nutrition specifics, go here. It will walk you through the steps of signing up. Or, call the Max location near you. Facilities are scattered throughout New Jersey and Staten Island, and they are also found in Brooklyn, Florida, and Atlanta. With a little time and a whole lot of interest, maybe one will open right near you.

The Max is your opportunity to live a healthier, happier life with supportive people who have the same goals. So if you're looking for a way to improve your health and overall way of life, stop searching. Start now, and take it to the Max!