Boone is known for its rainy days and cold weather, sometimes lasting for days on end. Fortunately, our own campus coffee shops have just the thing to help warm you up and brighten your day when the sun can’t be bothered to. Any coffee is always a step in the right direction, but here are five coffees that are guaranteed to keep you energized and in good spirits.

1. Crème Brulee Latte

coffees

Photo courtesy of @wired_scholar on Instagram

This has been a long-time favorite of mine since freshman year. There’s just something about that perfect combination of cinnamon and caramel that can chase those rainy day blues away. It’s rich, creamy, and definitely worth waiting in ridiculously long lines and swiping your App Card. Get one at Crossroads or Wired Scholar.

2. Chai Latte

coffees

Not only does this get you your daily espresso fix (don’t deny you need it), it’s also bursting with warm spices and pairs well with Local Lion’s cinnamon donut. For those of you who need even more espresso, try a dirty chai, or for our extreme chocolate lovers, you can make it mocha as well. No matter how you like your spice, you’re sure to get your fill with this drink.

3. Hot Chocolate

coffees

Photo by Elizabeth Faile

This is a classic that serves as a great pick-me-up for any cold, grey day in Boone, as long as you don’t mind missing your daily dose of caffeine. We’re not talking about powdered hot chocolate mixed with lukewarm water, this is the real deal. I personally prefer Conrad’s in Central for this one, but you can get it almost anywhere on campus. #SpoonTip: Try it with caramel or peanut butter syrup to really richen it and warm yourself up.

4. Pumpkin Pie Americano

coffees

Photo courtesy of Maddy Weidman on madisonweidman.blogspot.com

Despite what you might say about pumpkin being “basic”, you’ve got to admit that nothing tastes better on a chilly, rainy fall day than a shot of pumpkin in your coffee. The Americano blend at all of the on-campus coffeehouses is fresh, strong, and is a great sharp contrast to the sweetness of the syrup. Added bonus: the Americano blend is cheaper than most of the other drinks, so you won’t have to worry about blowing all your money on coffee (like I have).

5. Toasted Marshmallow Latte

coffees

Photo by Ellie Zumstein

This is a true, uncontested classic, and an original for the campus coffee shops. If you decide to go all out and treat yourself with a specialty latte, you can’t go wrong with this one. It’s sweet and light from the marshmallow syrup, but not so much so that it overpowers the flavor of the coffee. Iced or hot, this drink is the perfect companion for cutting through the Student Union to stay dry or trying not to get stabbed by someone’s umbrella.