Ah, fall. It's really one of the best times of the year. The leaves are turning, pumpkin spice lattes are steaming, and soon enough, it'll be socially acceptable to wear comfy sweatpants every day. There are so many fun, exciting, and relaxing things that autumn has to offer that it can be hard to remember them all. But, no worries, because I've taken the liberty of compiling them into a list for you. So grab a family member, a friend, or heck, even enjoy doing these activities solo! Here's the fall bucket list you need this season.  

October

pumpkin, pasture, vegetable, gourd, squash
Jodi Graf

1. Visit a pumpkin patch - Honestly, this one's a given. What would fall be without a trip to a pumpkin patch? And there's more to most pumpkin patches than just pumpkins; lots of them also sell fall decorations, flowers, and, of course, delicious goodies. Once you have your pumpkin, you'll obviously have to...

2. Carve pumpkins - Invite a family member, friend, or your significant other to do this one with you for added fun! 🎃 You can go with the basic "scary face" pumpkin or, if you're feeling spunky, check out Pinterest for more challenging pumpkin carving designs. (P.S. If you're not into carving, painting pumpkins is super fun, too.)

3. Do a fall photo shoot - This is another activity that's great to do with friends or totally solo. The leaves are changing colors and fall fashion is coming into style; it's the perfect time for a photo shoot.

4. Binge the Harry Potter movies - While this is appropriate any time of the year, it's hard to argue that watching them close to Halloween gives them a certain ~magical~ touch. 

5. Watch your favorite old Disney Halloween movies - Where my fellow Disney kids at? IDK about you, but it's not a successful Halloween for me unless I watch "Hocus Pocus" on Disney or Freeform at least once.  

6. Watch a scary movie or Netflix series - Not into Harry Potter or Disney? Hit up a good 'ol nothing-but-horror flick or a creepy Netflix series ("Stranger Things" anyone?) to give you a spook. 👻

7. Visit a haunted attraction - Whether you're tough as nails or a scaredy cat (like me), this really is an awesome way to round out your Halloween activities. 

November

wine, coffee, chocolate
Delissa Handoko

8. Keep an "I Am Thankful" journal - This is something that my mom actually did last year and loved. All you do is write down at least one thing that you are thankful for each day leading up to Thanksgiving. It's a simple way to put yourself in that grateful Thanksgiving spirit and to appreciate life's little gifts. 

9. Have a Thanksgiving potluck with friends - This is something my friends and I love doing (shout out to my home girls!). Everyone brings a dish or two and enjoys an awesome meal together. It's 100 percent guaranteed to give you and your friend group some incredible memories. 

10. Host a caramel apple party - A lot of people are home for Thanksgiving break, which is why it's not only the perfect time for a potluck, but for a caramel apple-making party. Create a bar of your friends' favorite toppings, grab your apples, melt your caramel, and dig in.

October OR November

apple, pasture
Allyn Scherr

11. Visit an orchard - I did this myself a couple of weeks ago and boy, did it put me in the fall spirit! It's hard to beat picking your own fresh apples. This bucket list item is definitely a must. 

12. Get into the spirit with fall decor - Whether this just means a pumpkin, some corn, a fall scented candle, or even these apple candles, this will have your dorm/home feeling and smelling fall-ready in no time. 

13. Enjoy nature - This bucket list item is so simple, yet so necessary. Autumn is a gorgeous time of year. Take some time to enjoy fall's beauty with a walk, bike ride, a hike, or even a horseback ride. 

14. Watch a football game - Whether the teams you root for are in high school, college, or pro, if you love football, this is obviously a fall-time must. 

15. Embrace fall drinks - But it doesn't have to be a basic PSL. Instead, branch out with a warm chai tea, steaming apple cider, or one of these fall drinks. 

16. Host a bonfire - Friends, hot dogs, firelight, s'mores — need I say more?

17.   See a drive-in movie - This one's a classic. There's just something enchantingly fun about going to a drive-in on a cool autumn night.  Before it gets too cold, grab your car keys, a blanket, and see what's playing at a drive-in near you.

18. Go on a hayride - Another fall classic. Whether they are quiet and relaxing or filled with scares and spooks along the road, going for a hayride is always a great time. If you're not sure where to find one, check with your local pumpkin patch to see if they are offered there. Bonus points if they also have a corn maze!

19. Visit a farmer's market - While cold weather and winter are ever so slowly drawing near, plenty of farmer's are still offering fresh produce at your local farmer's market. Spend a morning or afternoon visiting one near you; no doubt they'll have plenty of adorable pumpkins and fresh fall flowers available.

20. Jump into a pile of leaves - Come on. You know you want to. Just once. 

With this fall bucket list, you (and anyone you invite to tag along) are guaranteed to have a fabulously fun fall season. So, what are you waiting for? Grab a scarf, a friend, and dive in to everything fall has to offer!