I am honestly addicted to avocado toast. It's one of the only things that I can cook, and yes, by "cook," I mean toast some bread and cut an avocado in half. Avocados are the food of our generation, and while they've certainly garnered millennials some hate, I will never turn one down. 

If you've been wary of avocados because of their fat content, no worries—scientists created a diet avocado for ya. No joke. Here's everything you need to know about the newest health food trend that you won't be able to spot on Instagram. 

WTF is a Diet Avocado? 

Photo courtesy of Isla Bonita.

Isla Bonita, a Spanish food brand, just released the Avocado Light with the help of scientists. They recognize that this is revolutionizing the avocado experience, and said that "Aguacate Light [translated: Diet Avocado] is of course a daring product. We have launched a light fruit!"

The new diet avocado features the same kind of monounsaturated fats that make avocados a superfood, but have 30 percent less of it.

Scientists individually tested 32 different types of avocados from six countries to find the diet avocado, and it is pretty damn cool. It looks exactly like your normal avocado, but has a slightly more "mild" and "juic[y]" taste that the OG. 

Sadly, this bad boy is currently only available in Spain, but now that we know it exists, I'm sure it won't be too long until American food producers jump on the diet avocado trend. This shit is too good to miss out on.