In case you haven't heard, Cape Cod is possibly the most underrated chip brand ever. People know about it, some people even love it, but no one gives it the credit it deserves! One of the best things about this brand is that it gets really creative and fun with its different chips. I decided to try a bunch of Cape Cod's most unique flavors for your benefit and for the benefit of your future grocery list.

Dark Russet

Rating: 6.5/10

Call me an amateur, but did anyone else have no idea that you could make potato chips out of more than one kind of potato? What a wild realization for me. That being said, these chips reminded me of when you have that one burnt chip in the bag, and it's really good but only because you have one. A whole bag of that, as it turns out, was a little too much for me. As far as this flavor went, I really loved the texture but wasn't a huge fan of the taste. I'd probably still buy it again, but it doesn't top my list.

Infused Mediterranean

Rating: 8/10

Please, for the love of food, go out and get yourself a bag of these chips. As a huge fan of salt and pepper chips, this was just a big ol' bag of happiness for me. These chips were flavored with an amazing blend of spices, basil, oregano, garlic, and rosemary. The result is a snack that somehow smells almost as good as it tastes, and it tastes like an exotic Mediterranean vacation. Enough said.

Aged White Cheddar and Sour Cream*

Rating: 8/10

Rich older women in fancy beach houses definitely eat this chip. As sour cream and onion's more refined sister, this flavor was freakishly addictive. I could've eaten it for days. I also feel like this chip would pair nicely with a fine wine, so I'll need someone to give that a try for me and report back.

*While I didn't try the wavy version of these chips, the regular Aged White Cheddar and Sour Cream flavor didn't make any appearances on Cape Cod's Instagram page.

Honey and Dijon Mustard

Rating: 9/10

This was a truly amazing flavor experience, but I had NO idea how I was going to feel about these ones at first. Honey chips? Excuse you? But hear me out. The mustard taste in these chips was the stronger of the flavors, and it was tangy, wonderful, and well-balanced. The spices of the Dijon mixed with the sweetness of the honey worked so well that whoever came up with the idea for this chip deserves all the promotions.

New England Bisque

Rating: 11/10

The absolute hero of the potato chip world, this flavor deserves an award. Seriously. If you're a lobster fan, these are a total must-have. I've never tasted a better chip in my entire life, and I absolutely demolished the entire bag. Who knew you could make a chip taste creamy, seafood-y, and not gross?! My only complaint about these chips is that they're a limited batch. If I can't eat these forever, I honestly don't know what I'll do with myself.

Final Thoughts

Wrapping up this exciting potato chip taste test, I will admit that this was definitely just an excuse to buy a bunch of bags of Cape Cod. Honestly, I regret nothing. Life's too short to say no to chips.

These unique flavors were so delicious and refreshing that I doubt I can ever go back to original-flavored chips again. I recommend trying each of these flavors, but some of them are from limited batches, so don't wait!

Is this article tempting you to break your diet? Check out this helpful guide to yummy, healthier potato chip alternatives!