Spoon University Logo
SU Best Summer Cooking Playlists Hero Image R3
Lifestyle

The Best Summer Cooking Playlists

With the middle of summer in full swing, I know there is only one thing on your mind — the backyard cookouts you are throwing or attending. Everyone knows the essentials you need to have an unforgettable summer barbecue: some weenies and hamburgers, of course, refreshing drinks, s’mores, and obviously, a bonfire. But the most vital but often forgotten piece of the party is the playlist.

It is no secret that the playlist sets the vibe for the entire party. It can determine how long people stick around for and how much fun they are having. Think back to a time where you went to a party with bad music. It could be a wedding, a birthday party, a frat party. All have the probability of being destroyed by an out of touch DJ.

That’s why the music is so important. To help you keep the vibes up while you are grilling, we’ve compiled all the best summer cooking playlists to make your cookout all the rage.

“SUMMER 24’”

This Spotify playlist is guaranteed to set the mood for a beach day. It has some 2000’s hits for your inner spice girl while simultaneously creating THAT euphoric summer feeling and making you wanna lay out in the sun and decompress.

“Chill Summer Nights”

This playlist is perfect for setting a relaxing mood; whether that be a chill beach day or a late night drive this playlist is sure to make you decompress and melt your stress away.

“the ultimate summer playlist”

This playlist is — not to quote the name — the ULTIMATE summer playlist. It has that bit of throwback pop that every good summer playlist has to have, like “Domino” by Jessie J, while at the same time maintaining that specific sound that every good summer mix must have. This playlist is perfect for a small summer campfire as it is sure to keep the good vibes high as you chill with your friends.

“CLEAN SUMMER PLAYLIST 2024”

This playlist has a ton of bangers you forgot existed and will levitate you back to a simpler time. With tunes like “Adventure of a Lifetime” by Coldplay and “Blank Space” by Taylor Swift. Although it is not Taylor’s Version, we can forgive the creator for this amazing playlist. Sitting at a whopping 29 hours, this playlist SHOULD hold you over while you are cheffing it up this summer. Plus, as the name suggests, it has all clean music.

“THE summer playlist”

This playlist will fulfill it is full of nostalgia and honestly has banger after banger. This is the perfect road trip playlist as it is sure to have you and your friends soaking up the sun and sets the vibe for a chill windows down type-of trip.

“backyard bbq bangers”

This playlist has a lot of popular songs such as “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen, “Sugar, We’re Goin Down” by Fall Out Boy, and “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood. This list is perfect if you are hosting people with a vast diversity in ages as it will allow you all to bond over arguably the best songs ever.