Queue the TikTok sound “...good soup.” It’s that time of year again - the weather is changing, and the common cold will hit you sooner or later. I can assure you there is nothing better than warming up with a good bowl of soup. An Atlanta native, I am no stranger to the soup scene in this city, and am excited to share my recommendations for the best soups in Atlanta. From seasonal menu items to local staples, here are my must-try soups for this winter season.

Farm to Ladle Tomato Basil Bisque

Located at Ponce City Market, Farm to Ladle has it all. From sandwiches and salads to soups and desserts, this place is no disappointment. My favorite is their Tomato Basil Bisque. It's the best treat for when you are coming off a long Beltline stroll or a day of shopping at Ponce. It's the perfect balance of creamy and light, and I love dipping any sandwich in it...I mean look at that picture! Their sister restaurant in Sandy Springs and Dunwoody, Breadwinner, is also an all-time favorite of mine, with a multitude of fresh soups sold daily.

Souper Jenny Turkey Chili

As it says it in their name, Souper Jenny really is super. This is a restaurant dedicated to just soups...it doesn't get much better than this! Souper Jenny's Turkey Chili is a rich and filling option for those freezing cold days. It's full of protein and flavor, and is so thick you could eat it with a fork! There are many locations around Atlanta, including one just around the corner in Decatur.

The General Muir Matzoh Ball Soup

An Emory classic, The General Muir at Emory Point is only a short walk from campus and is arguably the best deli in Atlanta. Their Matzoh Ball Soup is perfect for when you’re not feeling well or simply want to warm up on a cold day. It reminds me of my mom’s matzoh ball soup… but better (sorry, Mom!). Personally, I love getting their soup and half sandwich combo, which is well-priced for the size of the matzoh ball! Definitely a must try for this season - or any season, for that matter.

Jinya Ramen Bar Wonton Chicken Ramen

If you’re tired of making instant ramen, look no further. Jinya's Wonton Chicken Ramen is already packed with so much flavor, but the customized add-ons are the best part. Spice up your ramen even more by adding an egg, more vegetables, or any spices to your liking. Their regular Chicken Ramen is high on my list.

Taqueria del Sol Shrimp Corn Chowder

This last review comes from my mom. She raves about this chowder; it's her all time favorite! Here is what she has to say: "It's thick, chunky and full of deliciousness. I love that you can see the pieces of fresh corn in the soup. I even enjoy dipping my chips in it like a dip! The hint of spice from poblano peppers keeps me coming back." 

When the temperatures cool down, I hope this list of the best soups in Atlanta helps you warm up. As we all know from TikTok, there is nothing better than good soup!