Cuddling up with a movie is a staple during the holiday season. With the cold weather upon us there is nothing cozier than a Christmas flick. If you are anything like me you need something to munch on no matter what's playing. This season rather than grabbing the generic snacks, pair the perfect snack with your holiday movie of choice.

Hannah Merlini

Some of the classic holiday films you just can't miss during the holidays include Elf, Home Alone, The Holiday, and The Santa Clause. There are plenty more amazing Christmas movies but these are the top ones that come to my mind.

Elf/ Chocolate Chip Waffles and Chocolate Syrup:

Elf quickly became a Christmas classic after its release in 2003. With Buddy the Elf spreading his extreme love for Christmas in New York City we can't forget what it means to be an elf, including the five main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup.  

sweet, candy bar, cake, chocolate, candy
Kathryn Stouffer

Buddy's sweet tooth inspires the perfect sweet snack to enjoy when watching this movie. Grab a box of Chocolatey Chip Eggos and some chocolate syrup to create a sweet snack that Buddy would 100% approve!

Home Alone/ Cheese Pizza: 

Poor Kevin McCallister got the short end of the stick not once but twice in the Christmas classics Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost In New York. Kevin's love for cheese pizza is present throughout the film.

home alone

s_herman on Flickr

"Did anyone order me a plain cheese?" and "Ahh a lovely cheese pizza just for me." are classic Kevin quotes. Why not pair this classic holiday film with the main character's favourite food? You can order in or make one yourself but cheese pizza is the perfect snack to nibble while Kevin thinks "I made my family disappear."

“Dis-moi ce que tu manges, je te dirai ce que tu es. (Tell me what you eat, and I shall tell you what you are.)” ―Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin 🍕

anokarina on Flickr

The Holiday/ A Pot Of Tea and Biscuits:

The Holiday is one of those films that just hits you right in the feels. Both Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz are looking for love during the holiday season by swapping locations. Diaz heads to Winslet's English countryside cottage while Winslet lives lavish in Diaz's Hollywood mansion. Both ladies turn to a warm cup of tea whenever love does not go their way and even when it does.

This is the perfect romantic holiday movie to cozy up with a warm cup of tea, the fire burning, and your favourite cookies on the side just like Diaz and Winslet do it!

mug, Morning, cozy, bed, cappuccino, milk, espresso, tea, coffee
Caroline Ingalls

The Santa Clause/ Milk and Cookies:

This combo goes hand in hand with one another. Tim Allen's portrayal of Santa Clause in 1994 has made a lasting impact as a classic holiday icon. 

cake, cream
Isabelle Langheim

If there is one thing Santa Clause loves it is milk and cookies, the perfect snack to enjoy when snuggled up watching The Santa Clause. If you're going for a marathon, there are other movies in the series including The Santa Clause 2 and The Santa Clause 3

The holidays are a time to enjoy, indulge, and of course, relax. While the snow falls and the weather gets cold there is nothing better than cozying up with a classic Christmas film. What's a film without a snack though? Let this article be your holiday movie/snack combo guide for the best season of the year!