It's time once again when university students are strutting through the streets on their final hurrah to celebrate the ending of a semester before exams swamp our lives again. The Hub is filled with broke students who are looking to relieve their stresses with a drink. Despite what every Queen's student seems to think, however, there are more places to grab a drink in Kingston other than Ale. 

1. The Alibi 

Right down the street from the action in the Hub, you can find the small store front that is The Alibi. While from the street The Alibi may look small, it is mighty! From their $2 pretzels, build your own nachos, to their signature cocktails and cold brews, this is a place that will surely fill you up before a night on the town in Kingston. 

2. Union Kitchen + Cocktails 

Take a stroll down Princess Street in Kingston and find a new bar in place of our beloved Windmills. Union Kitchen + Cocktails is the new and sleek place to grab a drink! From their $4 drink deals on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, to their delicious selection of brunches and dinners, there's a little something for everyone. Go grab some friends and head on down to start off your week with a $4 mimosa during Sunday brunch.

3. Stone City Ales 

If you want to sit back, relax, and enjoy a cold brew, do we have the place for you! Stone City Ales is the perfect spot to come sit, enjoy the company of friends, family, and strangers, all while sipping house brewed beers. Only five years old, Stone City Ales has made quite an impact on the Kingston community. From their in house concerts, to artist showcases, you'll always be entertained no matter when you go.

4. The Merchant Tap House 

From live music to fruity sangria, what more could you want from a bar? The Merchant Tap House calls the end of Princess Street home. While it might be a bit of a walk for the average student, their 23 beers on tap, delicious spinach dip, and live performances every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night make it worth it. On your next night out, spread out into the heart of Kingston and check it out! 

5. Tir Nan Og

If the Hub really isn't your scene, this one is for you. A quick walk from campus and the student ghetto takes you to Kingston's beloved Tir Nan Og. It is across from the water and Confederation Park, right near the skating rink and City Hall. It is also conveniently beside the BeaverTails shop for all your sweet cravings. Walk on down and come on in for some good old Irish hospitality, including delicious food, great beer, and good company! With trivia nights and even karaoke, Tir Nan Og is sure to please.

So, the next time you and your friends decide that tonight is the night to hit the town, remember that there is more to Kingston than the Hub. While you're at it, please also remember to drink responsibly. Branch out to some of the amazing bars and pubs along Princess Street, or even out in the west end if you're brave enough. Round up some buddies and go enjoy the many, many bars and pubs Kingston has to offer!