Graduation will be here before you know it, and that means living (and more importantly, eating) in the real world. These kitchen gadgets will help jumpstart any new grad's culinary adult life and make cooking easier, healthier, and way more fun.

School's out — splurge

Instant pot: No other kitchen electronic has received more hype recently than the Instant pot. And the hype is definitely not unfounded: this one countertop appliance combines a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and more. It can make just about anything in only a fraction of the traditional cooking time, perfect for your new busy post-grad life. Homemade yogurt, two-hour bone broth, and even cakes are done with the press of a button. It comes in a variety of sizes and combinations of functionalities, so you can find the perfect instant pot for you.

Vitamix: Take your blending skills to the max with this high end, ultra-powerful appliance. Smoothies, soups, sauces, and so much more are possible with a Vitamix. With the Vitamix’s monster engine, healthy, tasty, and ridiculously easy recipes are just seconds away, great for early mornings before work or late evenings afterwards. #spoontip: For efficient, quick cleanup, just turn on your Vitamix with some soapy water, and cleanup is done. 

KitchenAid stand mixer: Home-baking enthusiasts and professional pastry chefs alike all love the classic KitchenAid stand mixer. Beat butter, whip meringue, knead dough, all with perfect consistency. The stand mixer attachments, including pasta rollers, meat grinders, and ice cream churners, increase the versatility of this kitchen gadget even more. Also, this bakery stable comes in every color of the rainbow, adding to the ~aesthetics~ of your future adult kitchen.

Hand-held hotlist

Portable espresso maker: College may be over, but your dependence on caffeine definitely isn’t. The Wacaco portable espresso maker brings freshly brewed espresso wherever you go. This cute, handheld device is perfect for early mornings, the commute to work, or just space-limited kitchens. 

Spiralizer: Hop on the veggie-noodle bandwagon with your own spiralizer. This gadget effortlessly slices tough veggies into long, luxurious “noodles” for a low-carb spin on your favorite pasta. Zucchini, sweet potato, the pasta-bilities are endless.

Milk frother: Be your own barista with this handheld electronic milk frother. With the press of a button and a flick of the wrist, you can make cafe-standard lattes, cappuccinos, hot chocolate, and more. This small device froths milk to foamy perfection, and takes up as much room in your drawers as just another spoon. It’s basically a magic wand for lattes. 

Pressed to perfection

Waffle maker: Perfect your brunch skills with your own waffle maker. If you’ve grown attached to your college dining hall’s industrial waffle maker, fear not; there are a plethora of kitchen gadgets for making Belgium waffles, regular waffles, and cute mini waffles. Wake up, waffles, work — sounds like a good morning routine to me. 

Panini press: It’s practically a universal fact that any sandwich tastes better after it’s been grilled, toasted, and melted. Upgrade your classic childhood sandwiches with an affordable, easy-to-use panini press. Simply plug it in, press your sandwich, and in minutes you have a restaurant-quality panini. You can even get creative and use it for small-scale grilling with a fraction of the mess.

Eye candy

French press: Save time, money, and reduce your dependence on external coffee sources with style. Bodum’s new line of French Presses come in a spectrum of hues that will satisfy any color palette. And the coffee that produced from this gadget is also sure to satisfy the finest coffee palette. 

Mini fondue set: Celebrate your new homework-free weekends with this stylish, adorable mini fondue set. Emblazoned with the iconic Le Creuset logo, this high quality mini cocotte setup is perfect for a fancy fondue feast for two.

To all those seniors anticipating graduation, embrace your new dining hall-less lifestyle with these nifty kitchen gadgets.