Picture this: it's a Tuesday night, and you have three more lectures to watch and a problem set to finish before your midterm tomorrow. As the clock strikes twelve and the inevitability of an all-nighter looms near, you start to feel the familiar pang of hunger. With no energy left to cook and most restaurants closed, you know that you only have one option— instant ramen. However, you don't have to be stuck eating the same boring ramen night after night. Here are some of the best instant ramen brands that are guaranteed to satisfy your cravings and keep you going for the rest of your study session.

#SpoonTip: Most of these instant ramen varieties can be found in an Asian grocery store! Some of these options are also available in your local supermarkets, like Safeway and Berkeley Bowl.

Nissin Demae Rame

Starting off with an affordable line of ramen, Nissin Demae Ramen comes in a wide variety of flavors, including original tonkotsu, miso, and black garlic. This is the ramen for you if enjoy simplicity and just want to satisfy your hunger. Even though Nissin Demae Ramen is one of the cheaper instant ramen options on the market, its taste still maintains a pretty good quality.

Nongshim Shin Ramen

Shin ramen is a favorite amongst most of my friends, myself included. I especially enjoy the texture of the noodles, since they retain their firmness and do not become soggy quickly—unlike most other instant ramen. The broth is spicy and satisfying, and has just enough kick without the burn being unbearable. Nongshim also has another version of this line called Shin Black, which is more expensive than the original; however, it contains an extra seasoning packet and uses a few different ingredients, so it has a richer and more developed taste.

Jjajangmen Noodle

Jjajangmen is a type of thick noodle mixed with a savory black bean sauce and assorted vegetables. There are many different brands that make an instant version of this noodle dish, but out of the ones I've tried, my favorite is probably from the brand Paldo. These noodles are eaten dry with no soup, and you can sauté some vegetables and mix them in for a more filling meal. 

Samyang Spicy Noodles

If you recognize this ramen, it's probably because it's known for being one of the spiciest instant noodles available. Personally, I don't enjoy hurting myself with spicy food, but my roommate is absolutely in love with this ramen, especially the "carbo" (carbonara) flavored one. I've tried it a few times before, and I have to admit: the cheesiness of the carbonara sauce balances perfectly with the spice, creating a unique flavor that somehow seems to work out. It's gotten her through many hard nights, and I'm sure it can do the same for you.

Nissin Raoh Ramen

Okay, this instant ramen is on the pricier side, but it definitely is worth it. It has one of the richest and tastiest broths I've ever tried, with an authentic flavor that doesn't feel like it's coming from a packet. I would even go so far as to say that it rivals ramen served in restaurants. I add bok choy, tofu, and an egg to make it a complete meal, making it the perfect treat after coming home from a particularly hard midterm.

Which instant ramen do you want to try? If you're on the hunt for some tips on making your regular instant ramen a little more fun, here are some creative ways to change up your noodles. Or, if you're looking to make your ramen healthier, check out this article!