After being here for almost four years, there was no way I was going to miss the North Carolina State Fair (again). And what better way to enjoy it than to double-date? Because more people means more food, and food makes the world go round.

The fair is in Raleigh for ten days, bringing in dozens of vendors. From spinning rides to games you can never win, the best part of the fair experience is the food. While the options are countless (from deep-fried Jell-O to chocolate-covered bacon), these are the five things you need to try at the North Carolina State Fair. 

Warning: Prepare to spend more money than anticipated. The food can be pricey, but it's never a bad thing to indulge here and there.

1. Blooming Onion

chicken, shrimp, tempura
Maddie Cleeff

Forget about your basic onion ring because this creation is even better. At $11 it was the most expensive eat of the day but one worth trying. However, if you're not an onion person, these fried apple rings will do the trick (and will get you in the fall spirit).

2. Turkey Leg

Maddie Cleeff

Smokey, juicy, and divine, these turkey legs put Thanksgiving to shame. Weighing at least two pounds each, it's the perfect treat to share...or eat by yourself.

3. R'Oreo (Reese's and Oreo)

peanut butter, peanut, butter, chocolate, sandwich, cookie
Maddie Cleeff

A Reese's peanut butter cup sandwiched between two Oreos and deep fried‚now that's a true foodgasm. To make your own deep fried Oreos, this recipe will take the fair right to your home.

4. Deep Fried Mac n' Cheese

sweet
Maddie Cleeff

With a crispy outside and soft, cheesy inside, these make for the perfect bite-sized snack. If you're an adventurous soul, this mac n' cheese pizza makes for a great Netflix and chill session.

5. Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade

water
Maddie Cleeff

For a refreshing drink to wash down all the fair food and fried delights, try the lemonade. It's the right amount of sweet as well as tart. Plus, you get a straw, and who doesn't love a bendy straw?