The superhero season is upon us in a full swing. The mania is spreading worldwide. They are everywhere we go. So, how do we get ourselves used to all these similar yet different flavors being bestowed upon us? I say, let’s just do what we do everyday all the time. Let’s eat food. Yeah, you read it right. What else is more powerful than food to set us in a mood? Let’s eat a meal, a dessert or even have a drink to set yourself in mood for that specific superhero.

Now, I am going to be a bro and help you out by giving suggestions on what to eat or drink for that specific superhero show or movie.

15. Arrow: Chicken Lo Mein

superhero

Photo courtesy of IMDb

This hit CW show has different tones throughout each episode. It can be really dark or really light. So my suggestion is to eat some chicken lo mein. Chicken lo mein has a taste of being spicy and sweet at the same time. So it sets your mood for the light-hearted moments of the show or the extremely dark moments. The soft yet spicy mein will get you into the world of Oliver Queen’s glamorous yet risky life. Just don’t get your Asian noodles mixed up.

superhero

Photo by Danielle Allendorf

14. The Flash: Chocolate Peppermint Pancakes

superhero

Photo courtesy of IMDb

This hit CW show is about Barry Allen, a forensic scientist who gains super human speed after being struck by lightning. The Flash mostly has a sweet, light and energetic tone to it, with some emotionally-charged moments. My suggestion is chocolate peppermint pancakes, or any of these other peppermint recipes.

superhero

Photo by Sara Tane

13. Jessica Jones: Black Coffee

superhero

Photo courtesy of IMDb

Marvel’s hit Netflix show follows the adventures of an ex-superhero who opens up her own detective agency and investigates cases involving superpowers. The show is very depressing and dark as it covers various topics such as rape, assault and PTSD. A hot and sour tasting black coffee without any milk or sugar will get you in mood for the extremely dark and neo-noir world of Jessica. Check out what else pairs well with coffee here.

superhero

Photo by Abby Reisinger

12. Daredevil: Sour Chicken Soup

superhero

Photo courtesy of IMDb

Another hit show from Marvel and Netflix, this follows the adventures of a blind lawyer with heightened senses who’s fighting crime in Hell’s Kitchen as Daredevil. The show is very dark and really disturbing. The sour and disturbing look of soup matches the grittiness of the show, while the mediocre taste sets you in the mood for the show. The relief given by the soup will match with the hopeful endings of the episodes.

superhero

Photo by Parisa Soraya

11. Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D: Cheeseless Mac ‘n Cheese

superhero

Photo courtesy of IMDb

One of the most anticipated shows, considering its connection to the successful Marvel Cinematic Universe (M.C.U.), was Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. In all honesty, the show didn’t match up to the hype and excitement as it was followed up by the successful Avengers and Iron Man 3. It was just as celebrated as everyone’s favorite mac & cheese. However, how would the lack of cheese feel in mac ‘n cheese. That’s how you would feel watching Agents of Shield. Good taste in stories yet just the lack of right ingredients for a killer teleplay. So, eat mac ‘n cheese, without the cheese, to enjoy the half-baked show.

superhero

Photo by Kirby Barth

10. Deadpool: Chimichanga

superhero

Photo Courtesy of Daily Mail

Deadpool and chimichangas: a love story that beats Titanic, The Notebook and obviously, Twilight, because anything is better than that. Deadpool has proclaimed huge love for Chimichangas ever since his inception in the comics. The crusty and spicy Mexican dish matches the humor and personality of the Merc With the Mouth. So to get into the mood for some Deadpool, here’s a good chimichanga recipe.

superhero

Photo by Tiare Brown

9. Man of Steel: Lemon Cake

superhero

Photo courtesy of IMDb

Now, let’s be honest each other here. This was the superhero movie we didn’t need, but it’s the one we deserved. This show gives the sweet and sour feeling after the first watch. The sweet being that they made Superman relatable to the common audience, had some life lessons, and a superman costume without underwear on the outside. What’s sour is the dark tone which isn’t associated with Supes and the leveling of Metropolis in the climax fight. So my suggestion would be to eat a lemon cake, so you can get the sourness of the lemon and the sweetness of the cream and cake.

superhero

Photo by Jeanne Kessira

8. Doctor Strange: Chocolate Yogurt Cake

superhero

Photo courtesy of IMDb

Following the story of world’s top neurosurgeon Stephen Strange, Doctor Strange follows Strange’s life and the accident which ruins his career, forcing him to go on a journey that makes him an expert in magical arts. Now I would have suggested normal and flavorless yogurt cake for this movie. However, Marvel made a genius move by throwing in Benedict Cumberbatch as the arrogant yet charismatic and magical Stephen Strange, so the rich and sweet flavor of chocolate along with the smooth yogurt will set you in mood for a magical ride. Or, just make a microwave chocolate cake if you’re crunched for time.

superhero

Photo by Kelda Baljon

7. Black Panther: Jollof Rice

superhero

Photo courtesy of Cinemablend

Directed by Creed Fame Ryan Coolger, I cannot think of anything more perfect than this for the story of the king of a fictional African country and the richest superhero of all time played by Chadwick Boseman. The rich flavor of the tomato purée and the taste of the boiled hot basmati rice will get you in mood for the grandeur and richness of Wakanda. The hot onion taste and garlic sourness will help you embrace the growing tensions within the main characters and the overall political conspiracies and thrilling movements in the story. The rice was even mentioned as one of the foods to look out for in 2016.

superhero

Photo courtesy of MyActiveKitchen

6. Suicide Squad: Buffalo Chicken Dip

superhero

Photo courtesy of IMDb

Now let’s be honest, most of us hate the look of buffalo chicken dip. The yellow color and crumbled look disgusts us all. However, the taste is the complete opposite of the look in this dish’s case. The perfect blend of cheese and chicken along with the pepper sauce make it a delicious treat. Same is the case with Suicide Squad. With the inclusions of villains such as Harley Quinn, Deadshot and The Joker, it does look like Warner Bros put all the filth of DC Comics in one place. But this movie will be a guaranteed joyride, so enjoy the filthy looking yet tasty buffalo chicken to get into the adventures of the horrible villains doing good things.

superhero

Photo by Hana Ezaldein

5. Batman V. Superman: Foot-Long Philly Chicken Cheesesteak with Chipotle Mayo

superhero

Photo courtesy of IMDb

This is a childhood dream come true for whoever followed the Batman and Superman adventures. Two eyes won’t be enough to watch them standing against each other. So you might as well eat something that your stomach will beg for, but probably won’t be able to take due to the size, like Jersey Mike’s foot-long Philly chicken cheesesteak with chipotle mayo. The rich cheese and mayo trying to dominate each other will get you in mood for the clash of the Son of Krypton and the Bat of Gotham. The crispy bun and the hot, rich oily chicken are bonuses like the cameos of Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg.

superhero

Photo courtesy of Jersey Mike’s

4. Captain America Civil War: As Many Chocolate Bombes As You Can Take

superhero

Photo courtesy of IMDb

This Russo Brothers directorial will have so many twists and turns, and the perfect food to eat before the movie would be a chocolate bombe. The chocolate bombe is basically a chocolate ball with a surprise dessert in the ball. The ball is melted with the help of a hot chocolate syrup. The rich yet dark and sour-tasting chocolate will get you in mood for the bitter battle between the once friends now turned enemies. While, the surprise of the dessert will prepare for the reveal of the web slinger’s choice of team.

superhero

Photo courtesy of BBCgoodfood

3. X-Men Apocalypse: Independence Day Food

superhero

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

Finally, the big day has arrived for the X-men. This is probably going to be the biggest X-Men movie of all time. It is their fight against the most powerful and evil mutant to walk on earth, Apocalypse himself. It’s like their fight for independence against the bully. So what better way to get ready for the movie than have a great hot dog, BBQ chicken and cherry cake to feel the patriotism just like the X-Men as they fight for their freedom together.

superhero

Photo courtesy of Gone-ta-pott

2. Avengers Infinity War Part I & II: Thanksgiving Food

superhero

Photo courtesy of IMDb

This is by far the most ambitious Marvel project. Avengers Infinity War will see pretty much all of the Marvel Cinematic universe going against the overlord Thanos himself. One dessert or a drink or a meal won’t be enough to satisfy such a grandeur. Just celebrate Thanksgiving early for the sake of these movies (you can even cook Thanksgiving up in the microwave if you need to). Just have mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and turkey in May. Let’s give thanks to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for giving us great movies and a huge mash up of heroes.

superhero

Photo courtesy of Dietsciencenews

1. Justice League Part I & II: Christmas Dinner

superhero

Photo courtesy of IMDb

This is the childhood of not just our generation – the fame of Justice League dates back to the 1960s with the first comic coming out in March 1960, followed by several TV adaptations and animated movies that are today in the hearts of millions of people ranging from the ages of four to ninety-four. So the excitement when the Justice League movies were announced was earth-shattering.

So what can be eaten to get hype for such a movie? I say let’s bring Christmas home early. In my opinion, irrespective of religion, Christmas is the most admired and loved holiday by everyone. Like, let’s just have the gingerbread house, candy canes, hot cocoa, and anything that will make you so fat that you will have hard time losing all of it.

superhero

Photo courtesy of The Guardian

These are all the suggestions I have for you. But hey, these are just suggestions. My friend said she would eat octopus pudding before watching Doctor Strange. We don’t need to get more into that. For now, let’s just “digest” the fact that there is a non-stop flood of confirmed superhero movies and TV Shows until 2020 and maybe more after that. So get ready to welcome them and celebrate the representation of our childhood on the silver screen together.