In 1978, Silk established dairy-free products that landed on shelves in grocery stores across the country. Although products like milk, cheese, yogurt and chocolate contain nutritional value, too much of them can cause side effects like bloating, skin breakouts and stomach aches.

The United States Department of Agriculture, recommends that girls and boys ages 9 and up have up to 3 cups of dairy a day. A cup of dairy can be considered as 1 cup of milk, yogurt, or soymilk (soy beverage), 1 ½ ounces of natural cheese, or 2 ounces of processed cheese, but is dairy really a benefit to your diet? 

According to the Physicians Committee, a non-profit that promotes a vegan diet and dairy alternatives, dairy has little to no effect on strengthening bones and preventing fractures. Daily Calcium intake can come from green, leafy vegetables such as kale, broccoli and some types of beans. The best way to strengthen your bones is to exercise regularly!

Check out these creamy, dairy-free products from Silk that taste magical and are healthier than the average dairy products.

Almond Creamer

If you're a coffee addict, you most likely use milk or creamer to add a sweet touch to your drink of choice! Silk's almond creamer comes in multiple flavors and is low in calories. It has only 1 gram of fat, 3 carbs, and 3 grams of sugar per tbsp. While some popular brands of creamer are lactose-free, they still contain casein which is the sugar found in milk that can make digesting difficult.

Almond Milk Yogurt

Silk's almond milk yogurt is free of cholesterol, dairy, soy, lactose, gluten, carrageenan and casein. One container is big enough for 2 portions which cuts the fat and carb contents in half. Add this product to your smoothie for a creamy, sweet taste.                      

Diary-Free Milks

Whether you are having granola or cereal for breakfast, Silk has a varieties of dairy-free milks to choose from. Sweetened or unsweetened, cashew or almond, each provide a unique taste. Silk soy, almond, cashew and coconut milk have less calories cholesterol and fats than their dairy counterparts. Try their chocolate flavor for a kick!

Follow the Silk #ProgressIsPerfection campaign to learn how one healthy choice leads to the next.