With the Christmas season finally in full swing, lots of us foodies are on the lookout for the best treats to get us in the Christmas spirit. Here's the ultimate guide to the best Christmas desserts and other sweet festive treats in every state! 

Alabama: Christmas Cookie Ice Cream at Big Spoon Creamery

This Christmas cookie ice cream proves that ice cream isn't just for the summer. Try their artisan handcrafted cones in Birmingham with seasonal flavors such as bourbon egg nog and red velvet cake. Add some hot chocolate for the perfect holiday treat.

Alaska: Gold Macarons at Sweet Caribou

Sweet Caribou is the perfect place to grab a festive treat, whether it be a macaron, a cupcake, or a dessert-shaped ornament. With local ingredients and literal towers of macarons, Sweet Caribou has proven to be an Anchorage favorite. 

Arizona: Gingerbread Donuts at Lux Central

All of the desserts at Lux Central are amazing, but these gingerbread vegan donuts are perfect to get you in the holiday spirit. Pair it with a seasonal latte (and maybe some pie) to have the cutest Christmas date.

Arkansas: Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes at Rick's Bakery

Need your peppermint mocha fix but craving a cupcake? Rick's Bakery has got you covered. With an extensive dessert menu, you will be able to sample Christmassy treats to your hearts content. Plus, it looks too cute not to post!

California: Christmas Croissants at Pitchoun

The Christmas cheer is abundant at Pitchoun in downtown Los Angeles. Try their speciality Christmas eclairs, traditional gingerbread, and hazelnut chocolate-filled croissants. Make sure to bring some treats home for the holidays.

Colorado: Snow Man Cake Pops at D Bar

D Bar stands for drinks, dining, and dessert—with an emphasis on dessert. With peppermint Yule logs and festive drink specials, it feels like a holiday party just stopping by! They also call beer liquid bread which definitely makes beer sound more appealing.

Connecticut: 'Snow Boy' Donuts at DonutCrazy

Donut Crazy's slogan is "crafted with love, covered in crazy." Each month, they create seasonal specialities that are sure to get you feeling all the holiday feels.

Delaware: Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookies at Desserts by Dana

Desserts by Dana is the best spot to pick up all of your favorite holiday goodies. A Cake Boss winner, Dana whips up fresh new baked goods daily. Insider tip: On Tuesdays cupcakes are $2 and on Mondays cannoli are $1. 

Florida: Dark Mint Cappuccino at OH MY GOSH!!!

Yes, this place is actually called OH MY GOSH!!! and that is what I'm feeling when I look at this cappuccino. Located in Miami, OMG is the cutest place for a Christmassy date, as there are tons of Santa-themed treats to choose from. Head on down ASAP, or use UberEats to get Christmas delivered.

Georgia: Gingerbread Cookie Dough at Batter Cookie Dough

Gingerbread cookie dough has arrived in Atlanta, and is here to stay for the holiday season. Batter cookie dough in Ponce City Market sells the cutest cups and shakes filled with edible cookie dough. What's not to love?

Hawaii: Chocolate Peppermint Cake Bombs at Pipeline Bakeshop

These Christmas explosions in Honolulu are perfect for the season. Pipeline bakeshop is famous for its malasadas, cake bombs, and homemade ice cream. The beachy atmosphere and amazing desserts will make you a regular in no time.

Idaho: Edible Cookie Dough Peppermint Macarons at Flour Child

Idaho is full of yummy Christmas treats, but these macarons take the dough. Chocolatey, pepperminty, and too cute not to 'gram; these macarons are a must eat if you're in Boise. Plus, they're adding new holiday treats on the daily. 

Illinois: Christmas Cookies at Summer House

The Summer House bakery is not to be missed when visiting Chicago. With a rotating seasonal menu of fresh pastries, breads, and desserts, you will never get bored. Plus, the cute atmosphere is sure to get you in the Christmas spirit.

Indiana: Santa Cookies at Rainbow Bakery

Rainbow Bakery in Bloomington is completely vegan, but you'd never be able to tell. They're currently offering Christmas cookies, peppermint bark brownies, and an insane selection of delicious donuts. With a trendy space and a fun atmosphere, you're sure to have a great time celebrating the holidays here.

Iowa: Peppermint Bark Rolled Ice Cream at Rollipop  

Rollipop has been a huge hit at the Iowa City marketplace, rolling out new seasonal flavors constantly. This peppermint bark flavor is a dream come true for the Christmas season. Stop by for a festive celebration.

Kansas: Christmas Cookies at McLain's Market

These Kansas City cookies are iced to perfection. Stop by the marketplace to try out their many holiday sweets such as festive cupcakes, cakes, brownies, tarts, and muffins. There is no shortage of Christmas cheer here!

Kentucky: Peppermint Hot Chocolate at Sweet Surrender Cafe

The classic peppermint hot chocolate is made special at Sweet Surrender Cafe. This Louisville cafe is devoted entirely to desserts, ranging from cakes to gluten free macaroons. Your sweet tooth will definitely be satisfied.

Louisiana: Yule Log at Gracious Bakery 

Enjoy a Christmas favorite in New Orleans at Gracious Bakery. Travel + Leisure named it one of the best bakeries in America, so I'd say it's worth the trip. Plus, their holiday menu is amazing, complete with a stunning Buche de Noel and challah wreaths. 

Maine: Wreath Donut at Satellite 

Started by a Colgate graduate, Satellite Donuts has quickly become the donut spot in Kennebunkport. Their holiday specials include the cutest wreath featured above, peppermint chocolate, and a red & green cereal donut. Put your mini donut on top of a warm hot chocolate, and you've got the perfect festive treat!

Maryland: Nutcracker Cinnamon Roll at Cinnaholic

Baltimore's vegan cinnamon rolls are topped with all of your favorite holiday flavors. Featured are the nutcracker and the hot cocoa dream specials! With icing flavors such as gingerbread, chai, hazelnut, and hot cocoa, you're sure to find a holiday special that you'll love. Plus, the topping varieties are endless.

Massachussets: Bûche de Noël at Tatte Bakery

Tatte Bakery is the perfect place to eat food that tastes as good as it looks. If you're in the Boston area, you need to try their specialty holiday pastries and desserts. Their Christmas menu includes German classics such as stollen loaf and a variety of festive cakes.

Michigan: Peppermint Cookie Sandwich at the Detroit Cookie Company

With cookies, coffee, and carbs made fresh daily, the Detroit Cookie Company is a must. Featured is the Andes mint cookie with peppermint stick ice cream. Can you imagine a better combo? With over 25 cookie flavors, there are tons of ways to bring in the holiday cheer.

Minnesota: Winter Camper Cone at Minnesota Nice Cream

It's never too cold for ice cream. Minnesota Nice Cream is all about soft serve, toppings, and glitter. Yes, you heard that right. Glittery ice cream is what you need this holiday season. Their seasonal flavors include vegan cranberry and toasted marshmallow. Make sure to add candy canes, peppermint bark, and tons of glitter!

Mississippi: Gingerbread Pop at Deep South Pops

Deep South Pops in Jackson changes their flavors daily and handcrafts all of their popsicles. Try their gingerbread flavor to truly get in the Christmas spirit. Pair with local coffee or beer on tap to celebrate the season.

Missouri: Sugar Plum Fairy Tea at Chouquette

What's better than dessert? A tower of dessert, duh. The sugar plum fairy tea at La Patisserie Chouquette in St. Louis includes Christmas treats like glittery sugar plums, Christmas rum cake, gingerbread madelines, and eggnog panna cotta. It comes with mulled Christmas tea for an idyllic Christmas celebration.

Montana: Peppermint Candy Cane Ice Cream at Sweet Peaks

Sweet Peaks in Bozeman is now offering their holiday flavors including vegan peppermint bark, Montana Christmas (using fir tree needles), gingerbread, and Santa's snack (aka cookies & milk)! Stop by and try some of their handmade treats made with local ingredients.

Nebraska: Rudolph Cake Pop at Le Cupcake Lincoln

Le Cupcake in Lincoln offers seasonal flavors of cake pops daily, but this Rudolph cake pop is almost too cute to eat. Right now, they're offering peppermint red velvet and eggnog rum, along with an extensive list of daily offerings. 

Nevada: Holiday Lattes at Bruno's Taco Bar

This is extra in the best possible way. Bruno's Taco's in Las Vegas serves delicious churros and ice cream, best paired with their seasonal lattes. I don't know about you, but I think I need that snowman latte in my life ASAP. 

New Hampshire: Peppermint Macarons at La Maison Navarre

La Maison Navarre is well known for its French pastries, delicious crepes, and amazing coffee to warm you up! In downtown Portsmouth, La Maison Navarre offers seasonal specials such as peppermint macarons stuffed with peppermint ice cream and a traditional Bûche de Noël. Making it extra special, they also have a wine bar!

New Jersey: Santa Doughnuts at Broad Street Dough Co

Since I'm a Jersey girl, Broad Street Dough Co is my happy place. Located on the Jersey Shore, Dough Co always has the best holiday treats that simultaneously look and taste amazing. 'Tis the season to make the trip to Dough Co. Trust me, it's worth it!

New Mexico: Candy Cane Ice Cream at La Lecheria

What makes La Lecheria ice cream special is how few ingredients it is made with. Proving that less is more, their flavors are packed with seasonal spices and local ingredients. Their candy cane special is perfect for the season. If you're in need of a warm treat, they also offer amazing baked goods!

New York: Chocolate Peppermint Banana Pudding at Magnolia Bakery

Magnolia's famous banana pudding is even better with chocolate and peppermint! Best of all, they ship nationwide so you can literally eat it in bed. Magnolia has six locations in New York City, and they are all filled with holiday cheer. Try out their speciality Christmas cupcakes and cakes if you're feeling extra festive.

North Carolina: Minty Mocha Waffles at Smashed Waffles

At Smashed Waffles in Greenville and Raleigh they do waffles in every way imaginable. They've got ice cream waffles, mini waffles, waffles with eggs and bacon, cheesy waffles, and my favorite: holiday waffles! Featured is a waffle with crushed candy canes, crushed Oreos, chocolate sauce, and powdered sugar. That's one way to spread holiday cheer.

North Dakota: Nutella Peppermint Latte at Twenty Below Coffee Co.

This is not a drill. This peppermint latte with whipped cream actually contains Nutella. 20 Below Coffee Co. is a community based coffee shop in Fargo that sells yummy pastries, toasts, and espresso. This welcoming little shop is perfect for getting in the Christmas spirit.

Ohio: Sugar and Spice Donut at Brewnuts

This seasonal donut is sugar, spice, and everything nice! Located in Cleveland, this speciality tastes like your dream cheeseboard: complete with notes of goat cheese, cranberries, and pistachios. Plus, their donuts are baked with beer for a unique taste and buzz unlike any other!

Oklahoma: Holiday Mint Pie at Pie Junkie

Pie Junkie is an Oklahoma city classic, and the holiday mint pie is a Christmas classic. Imagine Oreo butter crust with mint chocolate ganache, mint whipped cream, and pieces of Andes. It's like a Christmas present.

Oregon: Snowman Eclairs at Noisette Pastry Kitchen

Noisette Pastry Kitchen in Eugene has an amazing selection of classic Christmas treats. Whether you're craving a cheesecake with an orange cranberry swirl, or a classic Bûche de Noël, Noisette has got you covered.

Pennsylvania: Chocolate Peppermint Pie at Love & Honey Fried Chicken

Love & Honey Fried Chicken in Philadelphia is known for its pies. This month's pie is made with a chocolate peppermint cookie crust and topped with peppermint bark. Christmas dreams do come true.

Rhode Island: Reindeer Donut at PVDonuts 

Holiday donuts are always special, but PVDonuts makes them extra special with an insane holiday menu. With flavors like spiked eggnog, candy cane, Bailey's hot chocolate, and peppermint mocha, you can actually taste Christmas. 

South Carolina: Gingerbread Biscuits at Callie's Little Hot Biscuit

In the heart of Charleston, Callie's Southern biscuits have become a staple. This Christmas, you can try a gingerbread biscuit and add all of your favorite toppings. It's definitely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

South Dakota: Bûche de Noël at CH Patisserie

This cute and perfectly made Bûche de Noël is a Christmas gift to us all. CH Patisserie in downtown Sioux Falls can make all of your sugary dreams come true. If sugar plums are dancing in your head, you're in luck!

Tennessee: Sugar Cookie Layer Donut at Five Daughters Bakery

You need to try Five Daughters seasonal specialties immediately. Their famous donuts have 100 layers and taste like a mix of a donut and a croissant (aka a cronut). This month, they're offering sugar cookie, gingerbread, chocolate peppermint, and spiced honey cheesecake flavors. Need. 

Texas: Gingerbread Cupcake at Sprinkles

Sprinkles in Austin, Dallas, Houston, or Plano is the ultimate spot for Christmas treats. Plus, they're now selling peppermint ice cream to top it off. Best of all, they have a cupcake ATM to take cute pictures of while you're eating. Win win!

Utah: Edible Snow Globe at Last Course

Last Course in SLC, Draper, and Farmington has a holiday dessert menu that is mouthwatering. This includes the edible snow globe above made with a cinnamon crunch cake, cinnamon butter cream frosting, and maybe a little magic.

Vermont: Christmas Donut Cupcake at My Little Cupcake

My Little Cupcake in Burlington has more festive treats than anyone could ever imagine. Along with regular cupcakes, they make bite size cupcakes and bite sized donuts. Everything is made from scratch with local ingredients like Vermont maple syrup!

Virginia: Snowman Cupcake at Peace Love Little Donuts

If you're looking for your average donut, you're in the wrong place. Peace Love Little Donuts in Harrisonburg are "funkadelic, groovy, and far out." They're perfect for a holiday party, or just for you. 

Washington: Sugar Plum Fairy Ice Cream at Salt & Straw

This Nutcracker-inspired sugar plum flavor is what we all need to get festive this season. Salt & Straw in Seattle has rolled out a ton of amazing and hand crafted flavors in December. The sugar plum fairy flavor is actually made with plum jam and real tea, which is making me want to dance from happiness!

West Virginia: Red Velvet Cannoli Dip at Almost Heaven Desserts

Yes, cannoli dip. Almost Heaven Desserts in Bridgeport serves up an amazing holiday dessert menu. For all of you cannoli lovers out there, red velvet cannoli dip could be the key to your Christmas dreams. I'm dreaming of a red velvet Christmas!

Wisconsin: Holiday Donut at Bassett Street Brunch Club

Located in Madison, Bassett Street Brunch Club has a lovely collection of seasonal desserts. Featured is their holiday trail mix donut with an assortment of Christmas goodies. This month, they're also making peppermint mocha, gingerbread old fashioned, and "blame it on the egg nog" flavors. A must eat!

Wyoming: Christmas Cookies at Sweets Cakes & Pastry

If you love Christmas, you will love Sweets Cakes and Pastries in Laramie. All of their seasonal specialities (cakes, cupcakes, and cookies) will put you in the Christmas spirit. You can even design your own treats. It's a Christmas miracle!

I hope this post got you excited about all of these amazing Christmas and holiday sweets and treats. Happy holidays and merry everything!