Spoon University Logo
2 personhalloweencostumes?width=734&height=489&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
2 personhalloweencostumes?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
Lifestyle

The Best 2-Person Food Costumes For Halloween

Halloween is the perfect time for couples or besties to dress up in duo costumes. Some iconic duo costumes include Shaggy and Scooby or Woody and Jesse but why not make these duo costumes food-themed? Even if you are not a foodie, this is the one time of the year to have fun with your costumes and go all out. So, here is a list of 12 fun and easy 2-person food costumes perfect for duos with links for where to buy and how to DIY at home. 

PB & J

The classic peanut butter and jelly is the perfect duo food costume. It’s easy to buy this costume at stores like Walmart and Target, as well as Amazon. You can also DIY it if you own vinyl and a heat press. Or go the simple route and get a purple and tan shirt, color the Welch’s and Jif’s logo on pieces of paper, and safety pin the papers to the shirts. You can also just wear matching shirts that are tan and purple, print the logo, and pin it. 

Hot Dog & Bun And Ketchup & Mustard

Another fun and simple classic is the hot dog and bun. You can find a hot dog costume anywhere so feel free to spice it up and add a ketchup costume or whatever other food-themed costume you’d like. If you want to go the  DIY route,  try this tutorial for hot dog, mustard, and ketchup. These costumes are fairly simple to DIY, with felt and paint or colored clothing and a few accessories.

Milk & Cookie

This costume is one of my favorites and is probably one of the easiest ones to DIY. The typical costume includes a chocolate chip cookie but when you make it yourself, it can be whatever cookie is your favorite. There were a few different ways you could DIY this costume. You can use clothing you own with a couple of craft supplies or use cardboard.

S’mores

S’mores is another great duo costume. You can customize it and make it your own which is the best. You can buy the marshmallow and chocolate costumes online, but many people have cooler DIY versions. Many use cardboard and felt to get the perfect campfire and s’mores costume. Others use simple t-shirts and cardboard to make the best couples version. 

Two Peas In A Pod

This is a great costume for besties and is really easy to recreate if you don’t want to buy it. Many people DIY it with sweatshirts or cardboard

Chicken & Waffles

Chicken and waffles is an amazing food combo that everyone should try at least once in life. This costume brings the fun menu item to life. My favorite DIY version I found is a boyfriend and girlfriend. The boyfriend was the chicken and glued a ton of feathers onto a sweatshirt, while his girlfriend used an egg crate and felt to make her costume come to life. 

Chips & Salsa

Who doesn’t love chips and salsa? The public’s love for this combo makes it a perfect duo costume. One couple made a version of this costume perfectly by using a yellow shirt and drawing chips on it while the salsa was a red dress with green details. This costume can be simplified with just colored clothing or can be brought to life through cardboard and poster board.

Spaghetti & Meatballs 

Spaghetti and meatballs is a really fun costume as it’s not just a snack or drink. Y’all can look like a whole meal in this duo costume. 

Sriracha & Pho Noodle Bowl

This sriracha and pho noodle bowl costume is a fun foodie costume for those people who love pho. Some of the best recreations use cardboard, yarn, and paper while others use more everyday items. Whatever your craft skill level is, there are options for you to make the best duo Halloween costume out there.

Wine & Cheese

This is a great costume for all the wine lovers out there. I am not one of them, as I discovered on my recent trip to Italy, but this costume is still one of the more fun foodie ones. The best recreation was actually from a family where all the kids were grapes and the parents were boxes of wine. You can also DIY this costume using purple balloons to make a bunch of grapes and foam wrapped cardboard box and poster boards for the cheese.

M&M’s

The classic M&M is a great Halloween costume for duos or trios or a whole group of friends. It is also one of the easiest to DIY as each M&M is a plain color with a lowercase “m” on it. Some ways people have made DIY versions include a t-shirt and a tutu, a matching set, or using felt. This costume is a fun one you can go all out with and add as many accessories as you’d like. 

Tequila & Lime

Last but definitely not least is tequila and lime. This costume is fun and easy for the tequila lovers. When I was looking for DIY options, so many fun videos came up. Clase Azul was the most popular and it is very easy to execute if you have a CriCut but if not, don’t worry. Many pins were perfect for those who don’t. Many included a green dress with a lime cutout and a silver or brown dress with tequila logo cutouts. 

Ashlynne Sage is a Head Quarter writer part of the National Writers Program. She participates in news shifts and monthly features covering food news, trends, and releases. She enjoys bringing her own experiences into all of her articles. Beyond Spoon University, Ashlynne is also a part of College Fashionista. She has worked on other publications throughout her college career including their student-led magazine, Stephens Life, and their fashion department newsletter, The Care Label. She’s covered topics ranging from fashion, culture, and music. She is currently a senior at Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri majoring in Apparel Studies and minoring in Event Convention and Management. In her free time, Ashlynne enjoys making TikToks, walking around Target, and spending time with her friends and family. She’s a Love Island USA and Big Brother aficionado who loves reading romance books.