My first sip of coffee was when I was 16 years old. My dad has been a coffee drinker for as long as I can remember. It is a ritual for him — every morning, I would wake up to the smell of coffee steeping in his french press. So, it was only natural that I would become curious about this beverage that was a staple in my dad’s life. One day, I went with him to his favorite coffee shop, Blue Bottle, and I ordered their New Orleans coffee, a cold brew roasted with chicory, sweetened with cane sugar, and cut with milk. After that first sip, I became hooked. I immediately understood my dad’s obsession. From there on out, I tried different coffee drinks, becoming obsessed with adding more drinks to my repertoire.

Eventually, this newfound hobby of mine became expensive, and I decided that I should learn how to make coffee at home. I tried my dad’s french press and pour-over but was not satisfied. My favorite coffee was cold brew, but I could never replicate the smooth taste of cold brew with either the french press or pour-over. After some research, I realized there is a surplus of cold brew coffee makers on Amazon. I purchased the one with the best reviews, bought some coffee beans, and hoped that I could recreate my favorite coffee at home. The Takeya Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker revolutionized my at-home coffee experience. I no longer needed to spend $5 on a cold brew because I could make the same thing at home. The Takeya Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker is only $34.29, essentially how much I would spend on coffee in a week when buying cold brews.

Not only is the Takeya Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker cheaper than buying a coffee out, but it also makes my life more convenient. You add coffee grounds to the filter, submerge it in water, let the cold brew steep overnight, and then have coffee for the whole week. You do not need a separate storage container for your coffee, and you don’t have to make coffee every morning. This significantly reduces the time it takes me to get out of the door in the morning.

Although the convenience and cost-effectiveness were significant selling points for me, the ultimate reason I cannot recommend the Takeya Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker enough is because of the quality of coffee it produces. I cannot tell the difference between my coffee at home and the coffee I buy at a coffee shop. If anything, I like the coffee I make at home better because I have more control. I can choose the beans, the kind of milk, and the sweetener I use until I am satisfied with the taste.

Although I still occasionally purchase a coffee out, I now prefer to make my coffee at home. Like my dad, it has become a morning ritual that I cherish, and I have the Takeya Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker to thank.