Oatmeal is probably one of my favorite meals, and I eat it almost every day. Given that, I consider myself almost an expert in oatmeal and all of the fabulous ways you can eat it. Unfortunately, this easy breakfast gets a bad rap for being boring and bland. There are so many ways to eat oatmeal. Here are just a few of my favorite Oatmeal Flavor Combinations. 

1. Classic

Bananas, peanut butter, and berries! How could you ever go wrong with this classic combination? Peanut butter (or at least some sort of nut butter) is an absolute must in pretty much every oatmeal bowl. But the sweetness of the banana combined with the tartness of the berries is pretty much the perfect way to eat this breakfast food. Don't forget to sprinkle some cinnamon on top. 

2. Double chocolate

Chocolate oats are one of the best inventions known to man. Just add some cocoa powder, honey (so that it's not too bitter) and whatever other toppings you want. I highly recommend adding chocolate chips to your bowl—watching them melt in the warm oatmeal is extremely satisfying. Of course, you should always add peanut butter, but including some raspberries in the bowl is a great way to spice it up too. 

3. Twist

Yogurt, peanut butter, berries, and bananas! Something I definitely never thought putting in my oatmeal was yogurt (that was, until I tried it). Adding some greek yogurt is a great way to add a little extra protein to your morning bowl of oats. It is absolutely delicious, and adds a bit of extra creaminess to an already fantastic breakfast. 

4. Unexpected

Apples, cinnamon, and pecan butter are one of the best oatmeal combinations that I have had. Yes, apple and cinnamon are one of those classic oatmeal combos, but adding pecan butter will really elevate your morning pick-me-up. Honesty, it tastes almost exactly like caramel. 

5. Baked

Baked oats are one of the true joys in life. There are so many ways to do them, and I personally have never had baked oats I didn't like. Chocolate, berry, banana, peach and more. The possibilities are endless with this one. If you're someone who opposes oats based on their texture, give this recipe a try for something a bit different (but equally as delicious). 

So whether you are a lover of the classic or always searching for something new, those are just a few of the very best oatmeal flavor combinations. Truly, any way you eat your oats will probably be fantastic, but trust me when I say, spicing things up is always fun.