There are a ridiculous number of television shows about food (because people like food, obviously). From competitions to behind-the-scenes looks into factories, there’s a TV show about food for every appetite. I’m going to break it down for you so that you can find the show that suits your fancy.

In the Know – Giada at Home, Barefoot Contessa, The Kitchen

tv

If you like learning how to cook something new, then learn from the best. Cooking shows star some of the best chefs in the world, and they will teach you some of the most delectable recipes. It depends on what cuisine you feel like, but between Giada, Bobby Flay, Emeril, Alton Brown, and Jamie Oliver, someone can tell you what to do.

tv

Gif courtesy of reddit.com

Food Fight – Cutthroat Kitchen, Chopped, Iron Chef

tv

Do you have a competitive side? These food shows will give you another way to stress out instead of watching your favorite team play on ESPN. Tune into Cutthroat Kitchen, Chopped, or Iron Chef for some of this action-packed competition cooking.

tv

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

Will Travel For Food – Anthony Bourdain, Bizarre Foods, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

tv

These shows are for the traveler. Maybe you are about to go abroad or you’re dreaming of globetrotting, but it’s a given that Anthony Bourdain can let you know where to grab a bite. Want some authentic (and maybe slightly questionable) eats? Andrew Zimmern can let you know where to get something authentic. If you’re chilling in ‘Merica and driving around, let Guy Fieri tell you what’s up.

tv

Gif courtesy of hitfix.com

Sweet Spots – Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, Sweet Dreams, Unique Sweets

tv

Do you have a sweet tooth? This is probably the healthiest way to get your daily dose of sugar. All you do is sit back and watch people bake the coolest cakes or eat the fanciest dessert. Fair warning, it may make you a little jealous.

tv

Gif courtesy of goodreads.com

Best Of – The Best Thing I Ever Ate, The Best Thing I Ever Made, 101 Tastiest Places to Chow Down

tv

Are you are that person that just reads the headlines of the news or just watches the highlights on Sports Center? Try these foodie highlight reel TV shows. They only show the best of the best and the foods are sure to make it in your dreams.

How It’s Made – Unwrapped, Inside Scoop

tv

If you like machines and organization, these shows could be for you. It’s fascinating to watch M&M’s get produced or ice cream on a stick dropped into a huge tube of chocolate. Just a warning: do not watch anything on hot dogs. Remember, curiosity killed the cat.

tv

Gif courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

Cheap Goods – 24 in 24, $40 a Day, Cheap Bites

tv

Calling all college students and general cheapskates: these shows are for you. We all know pizza is the king of the go-to cheap dinner, but these shows give you cheapskates some other options.