The weather is getting warmer and the clothes are getting thinner. People are coming out of hibernation and you know what that means… IT’S SUMMER!

date

Gif courtesy of theodyssey.com

Whether it’s a summer fling or a long term thing, everyone is scoping out the best date spots. Look no further because the seven best dates locations in Toronto are closer than you think.

1. A day at the Beaches

date

Photo courtesy of torontoneighbourhoods.net

When the weather gets hot the Toronto beaches is the place to be. Grab a towel, a bathings suit, and your significant other and you’re all ready to splash around in the lake or tan on the sand. The volleyball court is great for some healthy competition while the boardwalk is perfect for long, romantic walks during sunset. You might even grab an ice cream cone to share Lady and the Tramp style while you’re at it.

2. A picnic at High Park

date

Photo courtesy of mark.watmough on Flickr Creative Commons

Picnics are the greatest invention because not only do you save cash on food, you also get a more intimate eating experience. You get to be close to nature and your other half at the same time. High Park is one of Toronto’s treasures and the best place to have a picnic. With the green grass, fresh air and cool people, you might never want to leave.

3. A movie at a VIP Cineplex Theatre

date

Lights, camera, comfy! Movies are a classic date spot but why not mix it up with Cineplex’s new VIP experience? From wine to fancy appetizers, this is not your average night at the movies. Lose the butter fingers and make this date night a special one by treating yourselves to a cozier chair and tastier food.

4. Check out the city from the Thompson Hotel Patio

date

Photo courtesy of George Socka on Flickr Creative Commons

The Thompson Hotel is an iconic place in Toronto. Slow things down and sip on a cocktail while enjoying a beautiful view of the six. You can catch up on each other’s day or just sit in silence and enjoy what this incredible city has to offer. You might even see some celebrity guests who like to frequent this classy hotel.

5. Laugh until your belly hurts at a Second City comedy show

date

Everyone loves a good laugh and right off of Blue Jay’s way lies a comedy club that will have you laughing for hours. With titles like “The Hotline Always Blings Twice” and “Showtunes Karaoke!” you are guaranteed some good laughs with your main squeeze. You two will probably end up quoting lines to each other from the show long after the last joke is over.

6. Go for a hike at the Scarborough Bluffs

date

Photo courtesy of christiereidphotography.com

Put on some running shoes and drive out to one of the most incredible views around. The Scarborough Bluffs is the best place to hike no matter how hot the temperature gets. It might be hard to know which is the better view: your GF/ BF or the scenery, but it’s all worth it to climb to the top. Not only does it feel like an accomplishment but you get to enjoy a fabulous view.

7. Dance your heart out at salsa dancing

date

Gif courtesy of wifflegif.com

This may sound crazy but summer is the time to get out of the box. After a Mexican inspired dinner, make your way down to Dundas West for some spicy salsa dancing. Move those hips, giggle, and remember why you fell for each other all while listening to some festive music. You might even make friends with another couple over some late night nachos.