I have a problem with buying too many protein powders. I know they aren't exactly the healthiest way to take in protein, but what can I say, I'm addicted. I have tried so many different brands and have found there to be a few specific common flavors. Here's what you need to know about the most common protein powder flavors.

1. Chocolate

Chocolate protein powder is extremely common, probably because it reduces stress, boosts brainpower and is good for your skin. It's rare to find a good protein powder that tastes and mixes well with. But if any flavor can do it, chocolate can.

2. Snickerdoodle

This might not be a common flavor, but it is definitely one of the best flavors I've tasted. If you like cinnamon or snickerdoodle cookies, then you'll love this flavor. It makes a great replacement for flour in baking recipes because it adds just enough sweetness without the aftertaste other flavors might leave you with. 

3. Peanut Butter 

Fitspo accounts love their nut butters and peanut butter is the OG. Obviously, if you have a nut allergy, you should bypass this flavor. if not bring on the creative recipes. Seriously, mix a scoop of this flavor with some unsweetened almond milk and you have a high protein milk for your cereal.

4. Cookies and Cream  

Protein powder is often used to re-create your favorite treats. Whether that be in crazy "macro friendly" meals or just making your fave foods drinkable. Cookies and cream powder is very sweet, I wouldn't recommend mixing this up immediately after a workout, but it can make a great breakfast or dessert smoothie. 

5. Strawberry 

I never really understood why this flavor exists. Nothing can compare to real strawberries, and this flavor is a sad impersonation of Strawberry Yoo-hoo. Skip the powdered stuff for real berries and use Snickerdoodle powder instead. 

6. Vanilla 

Oh vanilla. This is definitely always the worst protein powder flavor, no matter the brand. It is really hard to find a good vanilla flavor that doesn't leave a chalky aftertaste. If you're stuck with this flavor, try masking it by blending it up with water, a banana and maybe a scoop of almond butter. Or, better yet, re-gift it this holiday season to that one weirdo you know who actually likes this flavor.