Here at Bryant University, we love a good sandwich. They are an easy, filling, on-the-go meal that are perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lucky for us, we have some awesome local sandwich places near campus. Whether it's your first year at Bryant or your last, you have to make sure you check out the 6 best sandwich places near Bryant ASAP!

J's Deli

J's Deli is a favorite among Bryant Students. Located just 5 minutes away from campus, J's serves huge subs and wraps, as well as calzones, salads, sides, and desserts. These sandwiches are delicious and affordable. Some favorites include The Bulldog (roast beef, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, Russian dressing), The Pilgrim (turkey, cheese, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mayo), and the Veggie Lovers wrap (falafel, hummus, banana peppers, lettuce, tomato, and tahini sauce). And the best part about J's? They deliver to campus!

Wise Guy's Deli

The Smithfield sandwich shop is the second location of Wise Guys Deli, the original location being in Providence. Based on the movie The Godfather, the menu features delicious sandwiches, pizzas, and more named after people and events from the movie. The friendly staff and and huge portions make this place a can't-miss location.

Some of our favorites from Wise Guys include the Bugsy (chicken, mozzarella, tomato, and pesto) and the Boss (similar to a classic Italian sub). The pizza here also won Bryant's Best pizza in 2018, so this place is a double can't-miss!

Laura's Bar and Grill

It's no secret that we Spoonies at Bryant are in love with Laura's Bar and Grill. All of the food and drinks here are awesome, but the sandwiches that we have sampled are some of the best in Smithfield! Some of our favorites include the BBQ Mac & Cheese wrap, the Chicken Parm sandwich, the California BLT, and the Cheat Day burger (lettuce, tomato, pickles, cheese, bacon, caramelized onions, and mushrooms).

Pick Pockets

Pick Pockets is certainly one of the best sandwich places near Bryant. Specializing in pita pocket sandwiches, these large sandwiches are worth the short drive down the road. Our favorite pocket here is the chicken falafel wrap with hummus, tzatziki, and veggies. But no matter what you get, the falafel is a must!

The Thirsty Beaver

The Thirsty Beaver is a great place to sit down for a casual and affordable dinner with friends. There are two locations: Cranston and Smithfield, but the Smithfield one is closest to school. They also always have fun weeknight specials--like karaoke and a special tater tot menu on Thursdays. Our favorite sandwich here is the Lumberjack Steak sandwich (shaved steak, caramelized onions, roasted peppers, jalapeños, mushrooms, and pepper jack cheese sauce).

The AIC Cafe

The cafe located in the Academic Innovation Center on campus has some truly can't-miss sandwiches. If you are looking to buy yourself a nice lunch between classes, we suggest the Turkey Cranberry or the prosciutto caprese panini.

Smithfield is home to some awesome sandwiches that you just can't miss, and why would you when all of these spots are only a short drive from campus?! If you try any of these recommended sandwiches or any others that you think we should know about, send us pictures and tell us about it at @spoon_bulldogs on Instagram!