While gins are not typically the go-to adult beverages for most college students, they are the foundation for some of the most famous cocktails in the world. It’s about time you got familiar with the strongest of this classic spirit.

5. Austin Reserve Gin: 50% ABV

gins

Photo by Kaylee McIntosh

Bottled by Revolution Spirits in Austin, TX, this gin has a more contemporary flavor and balances well in a variety of cocktails. With a mixture of juniper, rosemary, lavender, lemongrass, grapefruit peel, and pink peppercorn, you’ll feel like a pro making your next gin and tonic.

4. Nolet’s Reserve Dry Gin: 52.3% ABV

gins

Photo courtesy of @mixedfeelingsllc on Instagram

This strong gin is also one of the most expensive bottles on the market. At a wallet-shocking price tag of nearly $700, Nolet’s also boasts notes of juniper, verbena, saffron, and fruit. Definitely worth showing off to your friends, and drinking neat.

3. Sipsmith V.J.O.P. London Dry Gin: 57.7% ABV

gins

Photo courtesy of @cocktailsbyjesse on Instagram

Abbreviated for “Very Junipery Over Proof,” this gin definitely lives up to its name. Lots of juniper with a hint of dark chocolate, it needs to be put into this cocktail, ASAP.

2. Blackwoods Vintage Dry Gin: 60% ABV

gins

Photo courtesy of @recommendedbyadam on Instagram

From Shetland, Scotland, Blackwoods is the second strongest of these gins and they’re very proud of the drink’s citrus and floral notes. At a reasonable price tag of only $30, this bottle looks nice on the shelf and in a glass.

1. Strane Uncut London Dry Gin: 76% ABV

gins

Photo courtesy of @oldbourbon on Instagram

The strongest gin in the world, at a cost of $71, includes flavors like basil, mint, sage, lime rind, lemon flesh, and juniper. Drinking any of this eye-watering gin would give you serious bragging rights. Just one shot of Strane has the same alcohol content as an entire bottle of wine. Moderation and dilution are key if you pick this up.