At one time or another, we have all been standing in the kitchen getting ready to enjoy a good meal or a snack, when all of the sudden something goes terribly, terribly wrong. Though these gifs may not give a completely accurate representation of the trauma you experienced, you can at least take comfort knowing that you are not alone.

1. Dunking a cookie into a glass of milk, letting it sit for too long and then half of it breaks off and sinks to the bottom.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

2. When you order a crispy taco and by the time it gets to you, half of the taco is soggy from lying on its side.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

3. Taking a big bite into your apple and expecting crunchy and crispy, but only getting mealy mush.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

4. When you reach for a slice of pizza and as you pull it away from the rest of the pie, all the cheese and toppings slide off.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

5. Looking into your refrigerator for coffee creamer, finding none, and using whipped cream or ice cream instead.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

6. Making a sandwich and then realizing there’s mold on your bread.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

7. Taking the first bite out of a burger, taco, sandwich, etc and having everything fall out the other side

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

8. Starting to make a big batch of chocolate chip cookies and then realizing, as you are halfway through the recipe, that you do not have an essential ingredient like sugar. Or chocolate chips.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

9. Realizing you bought an entire bag of soft, mushy grapes

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

10. Not having enough milk for a proper milk to cereal ratio at breakfast.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

11. Not having enough cereal for proper milk to cereal ratio at breakfast.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

12. Forgetting to let your butter sit out long enough as to easily spread it on a piece of bread.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

13. Accidentally using too small of a pot to make pasta, so when you dump the pasta in the boiling water, it overflows.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

14. Heating a bowl of spaghetti for too long and having it explode all over the inside of your microwave.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

15. Leaving a bag of movie theater popcorn in the microwave for five seconds too long and your whole bag is ruined.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

16. Opening the wrong flap of the Parmesan cheese can, shaking it onto your food and having an avalanche of cheese hit your plate.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

17. Not patiently waiting for your bagel bites to cool off and consequently searing off every taste bud ever.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

18. Making yourself a cup of coffee, getting distracted and finding a cup of cold coffee.

courtesy of reactiongifs.com

We may never see the end of these silent battles, but for now at least we have gifs to make it all better.