I personally consider myself a peanut butter addict, which is why I devoted my time to finding these crazy facts about the nutty spread we all know and love. How many PB&Js can someone eat in a minute? Do Americans really love peanut butter? Prepare to be amazed by some of the most useless, yet fun, peanut butter facts you've ever heard.

1. PB&J Addicts

Peanut butter and jelly is the hallmark of all childhood foods. So much that the average American kid will eat about 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before they graduate high school. Maybe try to spice those up with some different jam flavors?

2. PB Phobia

Not everybody is a peanut lover, but not for the reason you may think. Some have are frightful of the process of eating it! Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth. Personally, I think having a spoonful is worth the risk...

3. Coat the Grand Canyon

In denial of how much peanut butter Americans eats? Listen to this. If you used all of the peanut butter that Americans consumed in a year, you could coat the floor of the Grand Canyon! Or you could make 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Your choice.

4. Well-Loved by Americans

Good news, it's not a problem if you go to a friend's house and are craving some peanut butter. Statistics are on your side! There's a peanut butter jar in 75% of American homes.

5. A Lot of Peanuts

As hard as it may be, pace yourself in regards to your peanut intake. It takes 540 peanuts to make one 12 ounce jar of peanut butter. No more for this greedy chipmunk!

6. No Kidding Around

Here in America, we don't mess around with our peanut butter. It's the law that anything labeled as "peanut butter" must be at least 90% peanuts. Priorities.

7. The Ultimate Dispute

The age old dispute: crunchy vs. creamy. Women/children and people on the East Coast prefer creamy peanut butter. Men and West Coasters prefer crunchy. Pick a side.

8. Bread Alternative?

Looking to get a little inventive? Take this intergalactic tip! Astronauts have to eat peanut butter sandwiches on a tortilla! If they don't, the crumbs from the bread will float everywhere!

9. My Life is a Lie

chocolate, peanut butter, candy, peanut, butter, sweet, cream, cake
Laura Palladino

Prepare yourself. Reese's is pronounced "REES-IS", not "REE-SEES". The more you know.

10. Time to Party

January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day. To me, it's always peanut butter day. But hey, I'm always down for an excuse to party.

11. It's a Science

96% of people put peanut butter on before jelly when making a PB&J. To the other 4%, why would you do that to yourself?

12. Go Hard or Go Home

Think you can scarf down a PB&J? The Guinness World Record for eating PB&Js is 6 in one minute. Patrick Bertoletti is a god who managed this feat in my hometown, Dundee, Illinois, in 2012. I am in the presence of a celebrity!

13. The Ultimate Nightmare

Some of us aren't so lucky. 1.3% of Americans are allergic to peanut butter. What a sad, sad existence. 

14. The First Peanut Butter Connoisseur 

George Washington Carver did not invent peanut butter. Instead he came up with over 300 ways to use peanuts! Basically he was the original peanut butter addict.

15. Man's Best Friend

Your canine companion is a great friend to share some peanut butter with! In moderation and using an unsalted variety, peanut butter can be a great treat, reward, pill-hiding device -- you name it!

16. WHAT?!?

Spoiler alert: Peanuts aren't nuts ... they're legumes!

Now that your mind has officially been blown by these peanut butter facts, get yourself a jar of JIF and a spoon. You deserve it. And if you prefer Skippy? We need to talk.