Though it still may say spring on the calendar, summer is definitely approaching quickly. During spring, the weather is not too cold and not too hot. It’s that perfect in between for trying out some yummy smoothies or fruity treats (before all you’re craving is popsicles and ice cream, due to the summer heat). 

1. Fruit Salsa

Spring

Photo by Sydney Segal

Traditional salsa is always a sure fire way to spice up any party (here’s the recipe for that). And this fruit salsa will do the same, or even more, for any coming fiesta. Finely chopped up strawberries, melon, raspberries, and apples combined with a few squeezes of lemon juice will brighten and refresh your day.

2. Mason Jar Salad

Spring

Photo by Bernard Wen

The time going into summer is the perfect opportunity to utilize all the fresh fruits and vegetables that you can. This snack is quick and easy and perfect if you are in a hurry. Take the mason jar with you to class and enjoy.

3. Flower Pretzel Bites

Spring

Photo courtesy of twosisterscrafting.com

Pretzel bites are one of my all-time favorite snacks. Sweet and salty is the perfect combination, and with this spring twist, it’s even better. Whether you need a quick sugar rush or are slightly addicted to them, this is the perfect snack to put a spring back in your step. Here’s another recipe in case you’re like me and can’t get enough.

4. Healthy Banana Split

Spring

Photo by Clarisse Callahan

This banana split recipe is healthy and a totally sweet snack that is full of fruity flavor. Berries, peanut butter, granola, and banana come to together in perfect harmony. It is basically the banana split you know and love, but for any health nut college kid. And if you’re now craving a real banana split, this recipe is a must.

5. Apricot, Goat Cheese and Almond Bites

Spring

Photo by Aarthi Chezian

These are the definition of a prime after-class snack. All you need is dried apricots, goat cheese, sliced almonds, and balsamic vinegar. These bite-sized treats will fill you up for the entire afternoon and can even make you feel a little fancy. What more could ya want? 

6. “Cup O’ Dirt”

Spring

Photo by Haley Durham

A childhood classic (here are some other childhood favorites) that every college student should bring back for snack time. The combination of chocolate pudding, Cool Whip, crushed Oreos, and the occasional gummy worm screams nostalgia. You’ll be thanking me later.

7. Grape Poppers

Spring

Photo courtesy of blog.candiquik.com

As most of us know, cake pops have been all the rage… for years now (you can find how to make that deliciousness here). For me, though, they have become an overused dessert that you can find at literally every occasion. At your next spring picnic or birthday celebration try these bite-sized sweet treats. Added benefit, they are a tad healthier for you than any cake pop could be… ever.

8. Homemade Fruit By The Foot

Spring

Photo by Robert Arrasate

As you probably can tell by now, fruit is the main theme of any springtime snack. Who didn’t miss the delicious fresh fruit that spring and summer has to offer? No one, that’s who. These homemade Fruit Roll-Ups rolls are a twist on the traditional, making snack time a tad healthier. 

9. DIY Trail Mix

Spring

Photo by Katie Walsh

This DIY trail mix is basically Puppy Chow, just with a few extras. I’m telling you, in advance, you might become slightly addicted to this snack. Sorry to ruin anyone’s goals of trying to get their body ready for summer.

10. Green Tea and Berry Smoothie

Spring

Photo by Rachel Piorko

I’m telling you, you will wanna drink this every day of spring through summer. With blueberries, strawberries, green tea and chia seeds, this drink will get you pumped for anything coming your way. There’s nothing I love more than a delicious fruity smoothie, and this one is no exception. Not to mention that the green tea that’s tossed in there has some incredible benefits. Just think, improved brain function, fat loss, a lower risk of cancer… need I say more?

11. Healthy Zucchini Chips

Spring

Photo by Kirby Barth

If you are like me and chips are your go-to munchie, then this snack is for you. These sweet zucchini chips taste exactly like Lays but are so much healthier. With only three ingredients, these come together in just minutes, and kind of taste magically delicious.

By now I hope that these tasty snack ideas have got you looking forward to spring not being over yet. But hey, with summer approaching fast, at least you at can still look forward to getting your tan on.