Spaghetti is definitely my favourite food. EVER. Thankfully I go to school in Chicago, one of the greatest "food cities", which has a plethora of incredible Italian restaurants. So, here is a list of the 10 best Italian restaurants in Chicago. You'll thank me later (once your stomach is filled with pasta, pizza, and more)

1. Monteverde

Address: 1020 W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60607 (West Loop)

Description: Monteverde has the best pasta you can come by. It is handmade in house, and every bite is better than the one before. Aside from pasta, Monteverde has incredible schnitzel, meatballs and steak. What more could you need?

2. Rosebud on Rush

Address: 720 N Rush St, Chicago, IL 60611

Description: Rosebud on Rush is some top quality sh*t. You really can't go wrong with the steak, lamb chops, and pasta favorites like spaghetti and meatballs. The restaurants itself is located right off of the Magnificent Mile, perfect location for some post-shopping eats.

3. Piccolo Sogno

Address: 464 N Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60642

Description: Everything about Piccolo Sogno screams old school Italian. This cozy restaurant specializes in pizza, house-made pasta and grilled meats that will make your trip to the Windy City well worth it. 

4. Siena Tavern

Address: 51 W Kinzie St, Chicago, IL 60654

Description: Siena Tavern is one of the hottest spots for Italian in Chicago. Everything on the menu at any time of day (brunch, lunch, and dinner) is delicious. Make sure to try Pappardelle with bolognese and grated parmesan, the truffle mushroom pizza and the sticky parmesan potatoes. Seriously, get it all!

5. RPM Italian

Address: 52 W Illinois St, Chicago, IL 60654

Description: I have been to RPM Italian multiple times, and every time I leave in a major food coma, stuffed with delicious food. With great music, a prime location and a flavorful menu, RPM Italian is the perfect spot for good vibes and amazing food. 

6. Osteria Langhe

Address: 2824 W Armitage Ave, Chicago, IL 60647

Description: Osteria Langhe is where you will find the most authentic Italian food. Chef Cameron Grant cooked in Piedmont, Italy, for almost three years before opening this place. The pastas are definitely must-have items, but everything is made with the freshest and tastiest ingredients. Make sure to try Plin (hand pinched ravioli), and for dessert, the Panna Cotta.

7. Spiaggia

Address: 980 N Michigan Ave 2nd Floor, Suite 1, Chicago, IL 60611

Description: One of the greatest Italian restaurants in Chicago, Spiaggia has earned four-star reviews, international praise and numerous awards, including a nomination for Outstanding Restaurant from the James Beard Foundation. A must try is the Carpaccio as an appetizer and Gnocchi for a meal.

8. Bar Siena

Address: 832 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60607

Description: Bar Siena, over in the West Loop, is a trendy, hip and (most importantly) super aesthetic restaurant. Featuring innovative, flavorful small plates and mouthwatering entrees like the gnocchi (pictured above), Bar Siena is for everyone. Best of all, you can order donuts from Bombobar for dessert. 

9. Coda di Volpe

Address: 3335 N Southport Ave, Chicago, IL 60657

Description: Coda di Volpe, located in Lakeview, is the epitome of consistently-delicious Italian food. Serving wood-fired pizzas and classic Italian dishes, you really can't go wrong with heading over to this place. My suggestion? Try the Spaghetti Aglio E Olio. 

10. Forno Rosso

Address: 1048 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60607

Description: In the mood for a perfectly-crisp wood-burned pizza? Look no further. The pizzas at Forno Rosso take just one minute to cook. Make sure to try Burrata and Bufalina Pizza with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Seriously, this place will not disappoint. Bonus: The menu features some gluten-free options too. 

There you have it. These are the 10 best Italian restaurants in Chicago. Eat up.