Do you ever want to drive around the Heart of Texas (aka the Texas Hill Country) and see where you end up? Many of my favorite pastimes in the Hill Country are outdoors. Get ready — the following are a few activities you must add to your bucket list if you want to have the ultimate Texas experience. 

1. Sleep in a Garden

Fredericksburg Herb Farm will supply you with none other than the ultimate nature experience. Their new Sunday House Cottages will make your senses tingle as you wake up to the smell of rosemary, thyme, and other herbs found in their gardens. Don't forget to visit the property's 5,000 square foot spa.  

2. Pick a Barrel of Peaches

Wait for this fun activity until the summertime because the first peaches don't ripen until the end of May at Marburger Orchard. If you're more of a berry person, you can pick strawberries and blackberries, too. 

3. Watch a Hill Country Sunset

Half-buried in the hills near Fredericksburg, you'll find Enchanted Rock, a frequently visited dome-like rock that also happens to be the nation's second largest granite dome. If you make the half-mile trek to the top about thirty minutes before sunset, you'll enjoy a magical experience and might even hear the rocks talk... 

4. Dig for Topaz

Topaz is Texas's state gem and can only be found in Mason County close to the surface of granite outcroppings in creek beds or ditches. Visit Lindsay Ranch if you'd like a real rock hunting experience. 

5. Lose Yourself in the Bluebonnets

The beautiful Texas state flower begins blooming in mid-March and can be found all around the Texas Hill Country. If you want to snap a few pics, feel free, but no picking – it's illegal. Stop by local shops and restaurants on your drive to ask where you can find an abundance of bluebonnets. 

6. Indulge in Lavender

Blanco, the Lavender Capital of Texas, have farms open to visitors at the start of blooming season around mid-May. On your drive, if you roll down the window, the warm smell of lavender will coat your car. Make sure you plan your trip around the time of the Blanco Lavender Festival

7. Stargaze to Your Heart's Content

Tres Lunas Resort is the perfect location to meet all your Texas Hill Country stargazing needs, and the resort even offers yoga classes, massages, and wellness weekends. The atmosphere of the resort's rooms and its secluded Southern style will set the mood for your evening gaze. 

8. Revel in the Music

Luckenbach is known for its music, so check out their calendar if you're interested in seeing a performer, or grab your friends and go dancing under the white lights. If you want to hang out somewhere more low-key, head over to Alamo Springs Café for to-die-for food and music every Friday night. You can even watch the bats fly during your stay.

9. Take a Dip and Cool Down

Texas Hill Country is home to a variety of swimming holes, from Hamilton Pool to Jacob's Well to Blue Hole or Barton Springs. The least crowded spot is probably Krause Springs in Spicewood. Spotted with around 32 springs, this location won't disappoint with its rope swings and fern-lined cliffs. 

10. Bear Down with the Best BBQ

Bar-B-Que is not hard to find in the great state of Texas, but everyone has their favorites, and Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que appears to be at the top of the list with their original world famous "Big Chop." Don't forget to save room for dessert — you can't go wrong with the peach cobbler.