With Christmas less than a week away, Christmas music playlists are in full swing in almost every store. While these songs fill you up with joy, everyone knows there is no greater happiness than a good meal. Here are ten songs about food* that you need to listen to now, in order to put you in the mealtime spirit!

*some of these songs aren’t ACTUALLY about food. But hey, if it has food in the title, we can overlook the metaphors.

1. Chicken Noodle Soup – DJ Webstar (feat. Young B)

song

Photo courtesy of Dish Maps

“Chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, with a soda on the side”

DJ Webstar starts off the list with an ode to everyone’s favorite classic – chicken noodle soup. Now that the weather is cold, chicken noodle soup will warm up your soul. But don’t get too cozy because that soda on the side will liven you back up. Who cares what the soup actually stands for, there was not a kid who didn’t dance to this song when it came out.

2. Banana Pancakes – Jack Johnson

song

Photo by Alyssa Maccarrone

“Maybe we can sleep in, make you banana pancakes, pretend like it’s the weekend now”

There is nothing more relaxing than sitting all bundled up, on a rainy day, eating a warm homemade breakfast with your loved ones. Jack Johnson perfectly sums up food for a lazy day. Next time you find yourself lying in bed on a Saturday trying to make it to your brunch plans, play this song and realize that you don’t need that avocado toast when you have Jack’s smooth vocals.

3. Candy Shop – 50 Cent

song

Photo by Paulina Lam

“I’ll take you to the candy shop. I’ll let you lick the lollipop.”

Let’s start out by agreeing that this song has very little to do with candy. Ok, it has nothing to do with candy. But 50 Cent does hit a sweet spot with this 2005 song: who doesn’t know the chorus? One listen to this and you’re guaranteed to be taken back to those middle school days when you sang this with your friends, having no clue why your parents tried to change the radio station in the car.

4. Milkshake – Kelis

song

Photo by Kirby Barth

“My milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard.”

It’s safe to say Kelis never really made a milkshake during the process of producing this song or the accompanying video. But, if listening to it doesn’t make you want to hit up Dairy Queen, you need to listen again. All she talks about is the perfect milkshake, and finding it is the cherry on top.

5. Chicken Fried – Zac Brown Band

song

Photo by Caroline Vangsnes

“You know I like my chicken fried, cold beer on a Friday night”

An ode to fried chicken sung by your favorite country band is the perfect pick-me-up. Zac Brown Band makes you remember that it’s the little things in life that are the most important. It doesn’t get much better than that perfect bite of southern comfort food.

6. Gouda – E-40

song

Photo by Arlo Gordon

“GOUDA”

A song that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual pasteurized dairy delight, “Gouda” still manages to make this list because of its style. There’s something just so satisfying about aggressively yelling the name of a stinky cheese. My apologies in advance for ruining all future classy dinner parties.

7. Peaches – The Presidents of the United States of America

song

Photo by Sarah Strohl

“Movin’ to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches”

Regardless of what this song is really about, everyone can get behind an increase in fruit consumption. A perfectly ripe, juicy peach is so refreshing and delicious. Picking one from a tree out in the country, during peak season, is any fruit-lover’s dream come true.

8. Collard Greens – Schoolboy Q (feat. Kendrick Lamar)

song

Photo by Amanda Shulman

“Ching-ching-ching could buy anything, cop that, oh, oh collard greens”

A metaphor to win all metaphors. A southern comfort classic, collard greens are pretty healthy and delicious. But as much as your parents would love you to eat collard greens at dinner time, it’ll probably be harder to get them to endorse Schoolboy Q’s recipe.

9. Ham ‘N’ Eggs – A Tribe Called Quest

song

Photo by Lily Chen

“Asparagus tips look yummy yummy, candied yams inside my tummy”

A Tribe Called Quest just rattles off some favorites: ham, eggs, veggie links, fish, steak and more. This song is definitely going to make you hungry. It doesn’t matter how full you were before, suddenly you want all the snacks you can find. But best of all, this song encourages you to be healthy with the warning that ham and eggs are high in cholesterol!

10. All You Can Eat – The Fat Boys

song

Photo courtesy of MTV

“$3.99 for all you can eat? Well, Imma stuff my face to a funky beat”

Now that is a concept we can all get behind. While the song seems to lose food focus toward the end, it does fully endorse eating all that you can handle. Whether it’s fried chicken or mac-and-cheese, The Fat Boys know what hits the spot. Any foodie would surely claim that an all-you-can-eat buffet is quite the sight to behold.