Temple University has one of the most unique campuses when it comes to food. Between the dining halls, food trucks, and famous campus restaurants and bars, if you are a Temple foodie, then you have probably experienced one or more of these #FoodieProbs.

Cash Only Food Trucks

foodie

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com

The worst sign to see in a food truck’s window is “cash only.” We’ve all waited in line forever just to get turned away from being able to indulge in some delicious cuisine because of cash only circumstances.

Looks like it’s back to the Creperie.

Running out of Diamond Dollars

foodie

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com

Running out of Diamond Dollars is  the worst news any Temple student could receive. Imagine being so hungry, waiting in line to get your cheesy Richie’s breakfast sandwich, order only to be turned down by insufficient funds. Looks like it’s time to call Mom and Dad to ask for more DDs.

$8.35

foodie

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com

Why is it always so hard to match a meal swipe equivalency at the SAC? All I got was a salad, a wrap, fries and a salted caramel iced coffee…

Your choices: either put something back or pay the price (literally) and dip into your precious Diamond Dollars.

Dining Hall Food

foodie

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com

Moving out of the dorms and having my own apartment with a kitchen made my intestines #blessed. Just hearing the words  “J&H” or “Morgan” gives me stomach cramps. Except maybe the ice cream at J&H… that was worth it (sometimes).

FroGro Lines

foodie

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com

For a 24 hour grocery store, the Fresh Grocer lines are constantly long, whether it’s 4pm or 4am, be prepared to wait in line to check out. Forgot to buy an ingredient for dinner? You’ll probably get home by breakfast the next morning.

Restaurant Hours

foodie

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com

Is it just me or does Philly Style, Jimmy Johns and U Got Munchies taste best at 3am? Nothing makes me more defeated than calling to order a freaky fast Beach Club at 2:58am only to hear a “sorry we’re closed” automated message. At least your bank account will thank you.

#SpoonTip Don’t forget to include gratuity for your food runner.

Being Underage

foodie

Gif courtesy of Tumblr.com

Getting kicked out of Maxi’s pizza on a weeknight for happy hour is truly a tragedy. Walk by any bar on campus; Maxi’s, Draught Horse, Pub Webb or Masters and feel instantly left out watching all your 21 and older friends belt out Taylor Swift on karaoke night or dancing to Beyonce on a random Thursday. Don’t worry, you’ll get there  eventually.