Nothing compares to the experience of watching a movie...the feeling you get when you watch an action scene, the suspense that builds up in a drama, and the butterflies that flutter in your stomach during a romance...it's hard not to love it all. But the best part? The candy! It's impossible to have a good time watching a movie without candy. I have fond memories of going to Blockbuster (R.I.P.) with my siblings as a kid, and having a blast picking out a movie, and of course, candy to go with it while we watch. It's all part of the movie-watching experience!

Having that said, how do you choose? With the myriad of candies out there, how do you know exactly what to pick for your movie night? That's what we're here for! Here are some fan favorite movies and their ideal candy combinations that will be of great help for you the next time you and your gal pals decide to get together to watch a movie.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) - M&M's 

Marissa Rodriguez

This movie is such a classic, and so it was only natural that we pair this classic film with a classic, universally-beloved candy like M&Ms. The fun scenes in the movie will be just as fun as these colorful candies! 

#SpoonTip: I love to throw these in my popcorn so I get saltiness and chocolate at the same time -- it is a perfect balance!

Fight Club (1999) - Junior Mints 

chocolate, coffee, candy, sweet, milk chocolate, milk
Christin Urso

Junior Mints are the perfect candy to pair with a movie like Fight Club. Why? Obviously, because any movie with Brad Pitt is sure to be as cool as mint!

#SpoonTip: These are another candy I love to throw a few into my popcorn; it provides a cool minty-ness to offset the saltiness!

Forrest Gump (1994) - Nestle Crunch

Marissa Rodriguez

If you love a good rom-com, then you love a good crunch. Simple as that! A crunchy chocolate bar like Crunch will help you stay focused on the movie, and will have you wanting seconds! Just don't munch so loudly or you'll miss the good scenes.

The Godfather (1972) - Skittles

Marissa Rodriguez

This is another well-known movie, and Skittles are a super well-known candy, so when you put two and two together, you don't just get four...you get perfection! Enjoy the drama while tasting the rainbow...thank me later.

Pulp Fiction (1994) - Starburst

Marissa Rodriguez

Pulp Fiction gives me a huge thrill when I watch it, which is exactly what I feel when I eat Starburst. Starburst is a fun, fruity candy that has a lot of fans (the pink is the best, don't fight me on this), and this movie is fun for everyone that watches it. Therefore, this is the perfect match. 

Saving Private Ryan (1998) - Sour Patch Kids 

Marissa Rodriguez

This candy is sour, then sweet, and the same could be said for this movie, which has its heart-wrenching, sad scenes, as well as heart-warming ones. Your tastebuds will be dancing and your eyes will be engaged the entire movie.

The Matrix (1999) - Milk Duds  

Marissa Rodriguez

Anyone who loves this movie knows that it's a mixture of mysterious and cool. This candy isn't, but it does have a "dual identity" since it is both a chocolate and a caramel candy with no divisions, just like this movie, which can't really be put in one genre. This one is my personal favorite movie from the list, since it is so interesting and gets my curiosity sparking!

American Beauty (1999) - Whoppers 

Marissa Rodriguez

This movie's main character hungers for change in his life. If you haven't tried this candy before, it will undoubtedly change your life. It may or may not be what you expect in a typical candy, though, since it is one of the only popular malted candies out there and it has a hard, crisp core.

The Breakfast Club (1985) - Kit Kats

Marissa Rodriguez

This candy has layers of crisp wafers all wrapped in chocolate, and this movie takes a band of students from all walks of life, and unites them all in one friendship group. Have fun singing Don't You Forget About Me while eating the best chocolate-covered wafer on the globe.

Now that we have outlined which candy you should eat on your next movie marathon, we hope you try out these combinations and see how it feels. You never know, you may find a new staple candy and popcorn combo for the rest of your movie-watching experiences!